What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Free ebook sites, already in iBook (ePub) format

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
I have posted a few of these in various places, but thought I would tie it together here. These are some sites that have FREE ebooks that are already in ePub format. They will import and read as is in iBooks.

ePub Books - MobileRead Forums

ManyBooks.net - Free eBooks for your iPad, smartphone, or eBook reader

epubBooks.com - Free EPUB eBooks for your mobile eReader - Unleash Your Books

Feedbooks | Food for the mind

http://www.baen.com/library/

http://www.snee.com/epubkidsbooks/

The link below is a site that converts documents to ePub online.... Nothing to download....

2EPUB - Free tool to convert documents and e-books to EPUB format. 100% free online converter.

Last edited:

drmartyjsmith

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any app to access free google books

I wondered if anyone knew any app that allows access to the 1,000,000 free google books. If you have a Sony Digital reader then you can download those books free. Can you access or borrow books from your public library and read on ipad?

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
google has a whole selection of feeebie epubs now but unfortunatly you cant use them without plugging in to itunes. I was able to download one using the iPad but it downloaded to my air share public folder.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can you access or borrow books from your public library and read on ipad?
Technically, the answer is no. Most libraries that I know of use Adobe Digital Editions and in order to read them, you need to strip the DRM (Digital Rights Management) from them. Possible? Yes. Legal? Well... I am not a lawyer so I can't answer this question.

OP
Bremen

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
Can you access or borrow books from your public library and read on ipad?
Technically, the answer is no. Most libraries that I know of use Adobe Digital Editions and in order to read them, you need to strip the DRM (Digital Rights Management) from them. Possible? Yes. Legal? Well... I am not a lawyer so I can't answer this question.

Some say you can also use the Txtr iPhone app and it works. I don't know as I never tried it, but worth a try if you have a good library.

The Alternative

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
thealternativeone.blogspot.com
I wondered if anyone knew any app that allows access to the 1,000,000 free google books. If you have a Sony Digital reader then you can download those books free. Can you access or borrow books from your public library and read on ipad?

Only a tiny fraction of the books available at Google books are full downloadable books. Many are teasers (only a few chapters) and many are public domain classics that are better formatted, free, and available from other sites like Guttenberg, etc.

Bremen,
You missed Baen books. They have a full Free libarary with various books downloadable in ePub and many other formats here: Baen Free Library

Digikid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sadly the free ebooks are nothing good as far as I can see. No Star Trek, Nothing by Steven Lake.

Bah! Ah well....time will tell.

yolamorse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
well, to find free ebooks in the ibook store you can also use the category listing in the ibook store, it's sorted by price for paid books on one side, and all the free books are on the other side... ;)

beavery

iPF Noob
Reaction score

My local library supports the use of 'overdrive'. It's a free app that links into safari and browses your library's website. If you choose to 'borrow' an item it tells you how long the lease is for.
Essentially it is ADE for the iPad /iPhone.
This works providing your library supports 'overdrive'
:)

dewa_emperor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sharing :
this is my fav ebook
this one is about tourism destination

and this on is about cooking

Most reactions

Latest posts