What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forms that can be signed

icor611

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, I am a newby. I would like to be able to put my invoice form on the ipad, fill it out and have the customer sign it and then email it to our office and the customer's office. Can't find a program to do this... but would a drawing program with layers do it? I just would like to get a signature on site as I have a disclaimer statement that would be nice to have acknowledged.

Thanks!

Hopkins

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Probably not the best but a way to do this would be to get the app Note Taker HD. You can use a .pdf as the background, write on it, and then e-mail it. You'd have to get the invoice to the iPad by syncing with something or e-mailing it to yourself and save it in the image album.

AbblePC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Signing iPad Documents

I use Sign My Pad from Autriv.

It's nice to accept my work orders as a PDF in e-mail and open them in Sign My Pad. I can then complete all the information throughout the PDF, no matter what page you choose and also add drawings (using the signature option) and the customers signature for form completion.

You can then save it and e-mail it or just save it for editing again later. You can not copy the clients signature once its placed and saved within the document, but you can add more text as well as radio buttons, check box items and even other signatures later if you like.

The one thing it doesn't do is allow me to add my job photos to accompany the signed - completed document, but I'm hoping later versions will support it.
If not, I will eventually create my own app for doing many of these things that road service techs need within one app and without having to open the document in multiple apps to achieve what could have been done in one.
For now I use Scanner Pro on the iPhone to scan PDF's and add job photos, but then I can't add signatures or complete the forms from there or visa versa create a signed pdf and open in Scanner Pro to add photos or other pages, the two apps need to somehow work together to make one awesome road warrior app, It certainly would be nice.

I love this app though and use it daily. I have also used one called Sign it! for the iPhone and can run on the iPad, however it crashes constantly on the iPad and even loses data or the complete form at times. Which is what led me to finding the Sign My Pad app. They had updated the app to take care of crashing and data loss for the iPhone, however it still does these things on the iPad.

Sign My Pad does have a few quirks itself and is only made for iPad. One is that upon opening a document from e-mail into the app, it decides upon launch to just reboot the entire iPad device. It sometimes does it when just opening the app as well. But at least once it is opened and editing has taken place, you can save your changes and if it crashes later, you don't lose data as in the other Sign it! app.

These are all good apps in concept but still need some work. The best thing these Devs can do, which at this point only the Scanner Pro app does, is upload documents to a Webdav server like DropBox (webpage). What they really need to do is allow to upload and import from DropBox (iPad app) for a fuller featured workable app.

Good Luck :)

Esco1977

iPF Noob
Reaction score
this is exactly what i need to do......there has to be a easier way.....or a app that can do this

Most reactions

Latest posts