What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Formatting lost when editing post.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Since the iOS 7 update I've noticed that all the line and paragraph breaks disappear when I choose to edit one of my posts in the iPF app. Not a big deal for short posts, but having a several paragraph post turn into one huge block of text is a pain.

I've tried most of the usual fixes, including deleting and re-downloading the app.

Last edited:

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Same thing here.

This post handcrafted from 100 percent post-consumer recycled electrons.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Since the iOS 7 update I've noticed that all the line and paragraph breaks disappear when I choose to edit one of my posts in the iPF app. Not a big deal for short posts, but having a several paragraph post turn into one huge block of text is a pain.

I've tried most of the usual fixes, including deleting and re-downloading the app.

Yeah, I've seen this happening with other folks' posts.

I figure the app needs updating to go with iOS 7. Given that it hasn't been updated since February 2013, I'd say it's behind in updates.

Nothing much to do except wait or (and?) write the developer.

Or, maybe look at another app, such as Tapatalk? It works well with iOS 7... :)

Marilyn

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Since the iOS 7 update I've noticed that all the line and paragraph breaks disappear when I choose to edit one of my posts in the iPF app. Not a big deal for short posts, but having a several paragraph post turn into one huge block of text is a pain. I've tried most of the usual fixes, including deleting and re-downloading the app.
It's the same with quotes.
The app also crashes more frequently. It happened to me a few times yesterday, when writing an answer. I had to type the whole post again.

OP
twerppoet

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I forgot about Tapatalk. I've actually seen it suggested more often, of late, than the iPF app. I've used it before when I had the Droid X (what, three years ago now?), and it's installed on my Nexus 7, but since I only read this forum on a regular basis I didn't bother on the iPad or iPhone.

I may give it another try.

Though, I might miss the website-matching color theme. ;)

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You'll be surprised when you use it. It looks completely different now. Colour choice is very limited.
I tried Tapatalk a few times since it's update. In spite of problems with the iPF app since iOS 7, I still prefer it. (Although the colour would be a reason to use Tapatalk. :D)

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I forgot about Tapatalk. I've actually seen it suggested more often, of late, than the iPF app. I've used it before when I had the Droid X (what, three years ago now?), and it's installed on my Nexus 7, but since I only read this forum on a regular basis I didn't bother on the iPad or iPhone.

I may give it another try.

Though, I might miss the website-matching color theme. ;)

The completely revised Tapatalk was introduced when we all had the iOS6.1.3. At that time there were a few gripes in the, at times unexpected, way it performed. Now, in using it, it seems obvious to me that the completely revised Tapatalk was designed specifically to cater for the new iOS7x.
It's snappy, particularly in the way it moves easily over to, and back from the Safari site with stability, and has some excellent features such as being able to save the post text while you get temporarily out of the post (eg to check on something, google etc) then come back into the post again to continue without losing what you have typed. You can give, and see, "likes" direct from the post, and it interacts nicely with the iPF app in that if you have read "subscribed" items in one, it removes them from the other as having been read. Photos look good in this app's posts etc. etc.
I like using Tapatalk again. It's a great app for interacting with members in the forum:)
Andrew

OP
twerppoet

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Ok, you've convinced me it is at least worth a try. Especially the ability to give Likes. I miss that when I'm in the iPF app. :)

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The completely revised Tapatalk was introduced when we all had the iOS6.1.3. At that time there were a few gripes in the, at times unexpected, way it performed. Now, in using it, it seems obvious to me that the completely revised Tapatalk was designed specifically to cater for the new iOS7x. It's snappy, particularly in the way it moves easily over to, and back from the Safari site with stability, and has some excellent features such as being able to save the post text while you get temporarily out of the post (eg to check on something, google etc) then come back into the post again to continue without losing what you have typed. You can give, and see, "likes" direct from the post, and it interacts nicely with the iPF app in that if you have read "subscribed" items in one, it removes them from the other as having been read. Photos look good in this app's posts etc. etc. I like using Tapatalk again. It's a great app for interacting with members in the forum:) Andrew

Your post could convince me to install it again and give it another try. :)

With iPF app, if I want to check something while posting, I usually just leave the app by using the multitask bar, pinching to close or swiping. When I return, my reply is still there the way I left it. (Well at least it used to do so until iOS 7. :))

Last edited:

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yep, the IPF App is in desperate need of an update......sigh.

The Archangel

In my comments above there was no implication that the forum app is without merit. In fact I much better like the UI from the point of view of appearance of the IPF app, and to my disappointment, the Tapatalk app is still not capable of quoting two or more posts in an answering post, unless you go into Safari site. And J.A's post above indicates I may have missed appreciating a feature that WAS available in the IPF app.
Agree, a revised/improved IPF app, particularly with improved stability crash-wise, would be nice.
Andrew

Most reactions

Latest posts