What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How can edit the list of "Open In" apps?

G

Grytpype

When I click and hold an email attachment to bring up the list of apps I can use to open it, the list seems limited to about 10 apps. I recently bought another app and noticed to my alarm that Goodreader had dropped off the list and I could no longer choose it to open PDF files. It was no longer there. I had to actually delete one of my other apps to bring Goodreader back onto the list.

I've been using Goodreader longer than most of my apps and maybe it's because it has been there a long time that it is "discarded" in this way, before more recently installed apps. The thing is, the other apps, while useful in their own ways, are not ones I would ever choose for opening attachments.

How can I edit the "Open In" list?

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The list is only 10 apps long, and you cannot reorder it... You have to delete something. The last 10 are shown.

OP
G

Grytpype

Thanks for clarifying.

It seems a pretty dumb oversight by Apple that the list can't be edited.

Most reactions

Latest posts