What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forgotten password

luna 50

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any ideas please. I have all my passwords saved in DocWallet & "you've guessed it", I've forgotten the password for DocWallet. It says I can email to close my account but I might remember the password if I knew the format i.e how many letters required, upper case & numerals to be included etc

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've just downloaded this app and it would appear that you can set quite a long password.....it's not a set number of digits.

The Password Security Level turns from red to yellow on the 7th digit and to green on the 9th digit but you can set longer than this and there doesn't appear to be a need to have letters, numerals, or symbols.

It does say if password is lost your data cannot be restored.

Sorry not to be of more help to you.

Good luck with remembering that password.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Any ideas please. I have all my passwords saved in DocWallet & "you've guessed it", I've forgotten the password for DocWallet. It says I can email to close my account but I might remember the password if I knew the format i.e how many letters required, upper case & numerals to be included etc

You may be out of luck - quoted below is from the DocWallet website which you likely have already seen - I use a program called SplashID which is on my iPad and also my MBPro; I've also 'exported' the information and have a printout stored safely - losing (forgetting) that master password can be painful - sorry! :mad:

What should I do if I forget my password?

If you have added another device and you still know the DocWallet password for this device, you can delete the device with the forgotten password and then add it again. There are no other ways to do this for security reasons. You should therefore always add at least two devices (such as an iPad and PC) and allocate different passwords for each device.

If you are still unable to access your DocWallet, the only remaining solution is to delete your account. You can request this by sending an email to our support department using your registered email address.

OP
L

luna 50

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you both. I still can't remember the password so may give SpashID a try. I will give the password to my daughter as well so this doesn't happen again.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you both. I still can't remember the password so may give SpashID a try. I will give the password to my daughter as well so this doesn't happen again.

Glad to try to help you.

Great idea to give that new password to your daughter also. ;)

Most reactions