What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forcing Safari to refresh?

Padcatt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
As I work on web pages, I need to see the results of my work. Often, Safari will correctly show the results when I refresh the page, an alarmingly high percentage of the time it does not. I know this because I can also view my page on a Mac, which shows changes iPad Safari can't or won't.

Is there a remedy to this? Is there a way I can dump the iOS Safari cache and help it to faithfully display the page after I've uploaded changes to the server?

Thank you!

JezzerP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.design-79.co.uk
Ok, if you go to Settings > Safari and scroll down towards the bottom, there is a ‘Clear History and Website Data’ option which will flush everything from the cache. That said, the ‘Refresh’ arrow in the right-hand side of the address bar in Safari ‘should’ reload the page and display any changes. I would install another browser (Firefox, Chrome, MS Edge) and see if they are behaving in the same way. I am a web designer myself, and make sure I test my pages on all of the popular desktop and mobile browsers....its often funny what quirks you pick up on!!

Most reactions