What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For ipad 4 owners-how is overheating now

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad 4 stays cool. I know this because I had to use it bare while waiting for my case to finally arrive.

FastAndFurious

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad 4 was overheating when playing 3d games in the first days but I didn't experience any overheating problems this week.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My iPad 4 stays cool. I know this because I had to use it bare while waiting for my case to finally arrive.

I do hope you threw something on before answering the door when your case arrived ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353748819.419091.jpg
Regards, Andrew

Bennettb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My 1st iPad 3 was warm. It had button problems and apple store replaced it. The second iPad3 is cooler. Neither was a problem to use because of the heat.

Bobbi

throwback8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have noticed absolutely zero problems with overheating even after extensive use with a smart case on.

OP
kruzzz

kruzzz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I already purchased It and its cool as ice
Love it so much

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Mine gets pretty warm. Debating on taking it back.

All iPads heat up during use, how much depends on what you're doing at the time. The iPad does have a high temperature cut-off that shuts down the iPad if the temperature gets too high. If you're worried about overheating, by all means take it in and let the techs at the Apple store look at it. If there is a real temperature problem, you may get a replacement iPad. Before taking the iPad in, do a complete backup. If you get a new iPad, you can set it up from the backup you made.

stoic

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I haven't noticed any overheating with my iPad and I use it all day.

rushmore69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Seems the reason for the different perspective is if people play 3d games or other graphic intense apps or not. If you just surf, read and play media, none of the models get too warm.

Treborray

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Seems the reason for the different perspective is if people play 3d games or other graphic intense apps or not. If you just surf, read and play media, none of the models get too warm.

True. I noticed when I'm not gaming there's no issue. I decided to keep my 4th gen iPad. :)

LeDave

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just bought my new iPad 4 32gb wifi about a month ago and no overheating issues so far.

Most reactions

Latest posts