What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For anyone on the fence about the camera connection kit

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
On page 48 of the guide, it says "when syncing photos with iPad, iTunes automatically creates a size optimized for iPad, if necessary." That is clear and it is implied that if you transfer them any way other than syncing, you are on your own.

Yes, it works great when syncing from a laptop/desktop with iTunes. I was hoping for a way to transfer from camera to iPad with the same shrinking feature without having to carry a laptop on trips.

I guess I just need to be more patient, lol. I do something in photoshop to most of my pics anyway, so I might as wait until I'm through editing to put them on the ipad - I'll be wanting to replace them later anyway.

Skyenet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, the photobucket resize is easy, but I was more concerned about how much space the pictures would take up on the iPad. I have about 8GB free on my 32GB iPad. I could fill that up pretty quick with full resolution or RAW images.

It was for this reason that I changed my iPad Preorder from a 32Gb to a 64Gb wifi as I expect to be transferring loads of pictures and videos from my cameras during a month motorcycling tour of Europe. Glad I did as my iPad is half full already. Three days to go :)

Most reactions

Latest posts