What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For all IPad 2 users

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I recommend things based on whether I think the person will like them, not based on whether I like them alone. So my scale would vary, depending on the possible user and his needs.

I'd give the iPad an 8.5 for meeting my needs. There's definite room for improvement. I say that even though I've liked iPads enough that I've bought two for myself, as well as others as gifts.

Reaction score
It would depend on what that person needed it for. If they were just thinking of reading on it, I would suggest another device. But if I knew they were going ti use most of the capabilities, 10+++

Sent from my iPad using iPF

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I suppose I'd give it a 9, warts and all.

() Can it replace a laptop? Not for me. But with a bluetooth keyboard it's a better traveling companion than my 11" Netbook. (Despite some advantages of the latter.) And for my Boomer (and Boomer+) friends who don't use 10% of the capabilities of their computers, it's quite adequate.

() Is it the "family" device I thought I was buying? Not quite. It's virtually impossible to set up a separate "account" for my six year old to access only selected apps. Still, it's a delightful device that provides so many features for her that I'm glad I bought it.

() Can it be used in a managed corporate/government environment? Some definite weaknesses there as well, especially in terms of security and adequate support for Msoft Office via look-a-likes and Apple alternatives.

() Does it make the "smart" of my "smartphone" redundant? Yup. Pretty much. I no longer lust after the latest, greatest superphone. And again, for my generation of folks with declining eyesight, it means not having to find those damn eyeglasses just to access email and messages on the go.

() Do I miss support for "Flash," extended storage, a better camera, etc? No. But again, I have multiple alternatives.

() Is iTunes a PITA? God, yes! Hopefully Apple will improve its use with the iPad in iOS5.

() Can I get along without a physical keyboard? Nope. Would a better virtual keyboard help? Yup. But not enough for me to rely on it.

() Better than other tablet alternatives for (almost) everyone I know? Yup. No question about it.

Nakcol24

iPF Noob
Reaction score
10 All the way

I hardly use my desktop or laptop anymore lol.

Sent from my iPad 2 64G 3G using iPF

Owl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I dearly love my iPad (LillyPad) and have lots of fun with it, but I can only rate it an 8 because:

1. no USB port
2. no Flash
3. iTunes...:(

I rely too heavily on Photoshop to let go of my "big rig" but LillyPad certainly is a lovely early morning companion for weather and Bible study.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts