What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Food anyone?

quake5254

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Had Pancit for lunch. Typical Filipino cuisine. Often a part of any celebration or gatherings. Our maid cooked a kilo (2.2lbs) and not realizing it would be this much (about four serving dish). So, I'm inviting everyone in the forum to dig in.

Attachments

• image-3708952560.jpg
    image-3708952560.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 130

quake5254

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And bring home some too. I don't know how we're going to finish this. Lunch, snack, snack, snack, dinner, snack, midnight snack. There would definitely be lots of leftover for tomorrow.

Pidjengirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just had strawberries and Jaffa cakes for brekkie. Not the usual bit very nice lol. Followed by a cuppa coffee.

Pidjengirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Had Pancit for lunch. Typical Filipino cuisine. Often a part of any celebration or gatherings. Our maid cooked a kilo (2.2lbs) and not realizing it would be this much (about four serving dish). So, I'm inviting everyone in the forum to dig in.

:O I will dig in!!! Looks yummy!!

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

I can never have enough Pancit. We had 2 trays of it for my 2 nieces Graduation party last Saturday. It was so yummy and yours looks good even for breakfast for me now!! Thanks, Quake!! :)

Does anyone have any good coffee in the house? ;)

stranding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
I can never have enough Pancit. We had 2 trays of it for my 2 nieces Graduation party last Saturday. It was so yummy and yours looks good even for breakfast for me now!! Thanks, Quake!! :)

Does anyone have any good coffee in the house? ;)

Coffee? Yes, we have a huge pot, steaming, just made, come on in, you're very welcome :)

May I ask, what's in pancit? I see noodles, but what else?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Coffee? Yes, we have a huge pot, steaming, just made, come on in, you're very welcome :)

Why thank you, Stranding!! A nice hot coffee sounds fitting right now!!

There are various ways to make Pancit...starting with the thickness of the noodles. You can use the Cantonese style Nooldes or the Rice Vermicelli which is thin. We add carrots, cabbage, onion, garlic, any meat (pork /chicken/Chinese sausage), slices of egg and green onion to top the dish. It's really good. Pancit is readily made for family gatherings or celebrations since it is so popular and also very good! :)

mollysmom

iPF Novice
Reaction score
stranding said:

I'm there too!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Pidjengirl said:
I just had strawberries and Jaffa cakes for brekkie. Not the usual bit very nice lol. Followed by a cuppa coffee.

That's an unusual combination, Pidjengirl! Strawberries and chocolate with cream, or leave out the chocolate. Adding in tangy orange sounds a little too much for me! Lol

Sent from my iPad 1 using iPF - Greetings

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I was a Brixton Market this morning, buying plantain and cassava. I stopped at a new eco cafe for scrumptious apple strudel and coffee.

I will post pics of the Market tomorrow morning.

Sent from my iPad 1 using iPF - Greetings

quake5254

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Heres some coffee for those who doesn't mind a 3-1 coffee.

Attachments

• image-2454851390.jpg
    image-2454851390.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 114
  • image-1948174035.jpg
    image-1948174035.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 129

stranding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Richard Brown said:
I was a Brixton Market this morning, buying plantain and cassava. I stopped at a new eco cafe for scrumptious apple strudel and coffee.

I will post pics of the Market tomorrow morning.

Is that Brixton as in SE London? I grew up shopping for everything there. And had a holiday job in what was Morley's department store, selling skirts in the sale. That's probably long gone now, but haven't been back for years.

We took the bus or mainline train from Herne Hill where we lived. The Brixton underground station didn't exist till later.

It was a thriving market then & sounds like it still is. Would be very interested to see your photos.

stranding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
quake5254 said:
Heres some coffee for those who doesn't mind a 3-1 coffee.

Ho, thank you quake! With the ipad open at the right page! It's nearly one of those photos which has the mini- photo in it and then another mini in that and ...you know what I mean? But the photo of the photo wasn't posted then...too complicated for me!

Most reactions

Latest posts