What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Food anyone?

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yugh! What would be the point of that? If it's a choice of Turkey or veg but don't try mixing them together. Pointless I say! Hee hee.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
They make turkey strips that look like bacon. You could have had turkey bacon and pancakes for Christmas dinner.

View attachment 51787Photo Credit: Butterball

Yep - turkey bacon, turkey sausages, turkey meatballs, etc. - Harris Teeter in our part of the world makes some excellent turkey meatballs - quite spicy & tasty - just a little pasta & a good tomato sauce makes for a quick dinner - Dave

6a0128770dc525970c0133f24fc7fb970b-320wi.jpg

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
My Word! I made the last reply to this thread about 3 weeks ago - New Year's resolution about losing some weight, may be? :)

Well, my wife's BD (Birthday) is in a few days but we've been celebrating (her wish, of course) since the end of December - spent 2 nights @ the Ritz in Charlotte (NC, USA just 90 mins from home) - two wonderful dinners & a show (Book of Mormon).

BUT, not enough - yesterday took her to a favorite hotel (O'Henry) in Greensboro (just a 45 min drive) and we dined @ the Green Valley Grill - I had one of the fish specials for the night, i.e. Monk fish (pic of the creature attached) - NOW, don't get frightened - only the tail is edible (kind of like an alligator, which I love also - YES, tastes like chicken) - but the fish was poached in a wonderful sauce and served w/ polenta and asparagus - just a great combination - had a few glasses of a Pinot Gris from Alsace (France next to Germany).

For dessert (now her BD), we ordered the Dessert Sampler - also shown below - small amounts of Creme Brulee, Apple Tart, Dark Chocolate cake w/ Ice Cream, and the Nutty Irishman - the latter is our favorite the we usually split - a frozen cake/cream cheese/nuts & toffee topping (really the only dessert that I insist to split w/ my spouse - ;)) - now her celebration will continue - this has become a Roman holiday indeed! No complaints from me - Dave :)

monkfish540.jpgdec5.jpg

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Marvellous birthday meals Dave! And that Creme Brulee. Worth getting older each year for that as a BD treat IMNSHO:)
Andrew

Sent from Oz using Tapatalk

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh my Dave! What a wonderful Birthday your wife is having! Happy Birthday to her!

Those desserts look delicious and have now awoken my sweet tooth, as I try to think of what we have in the cupboards. ;)

Have a wonderful time, the 2 of you celebrating this special day!

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's breakfast time here Dave...and that sure does look good over my oatmeal I'm about ready to eat!! ;)

mollysmom

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Coffee only for now BUT later on I need to put bars on my mouth to keep from eating. I LOVE food!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's the way to do it. Wonder who started the practice of reserving certain foods for breakfast, lunch and dinner. dde04 Sent from my iPad using IPF
I totally agree with you on that one, Spugnut!! :)
I've had steak for breakfast and waffles for supper, so much for traditional food selections.;)

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've had steak for breakfast and waffles for supper, so much for traditional food selections.;)

I like your selection, Sci. I sometimes will crave an egg omelet or pancakes for dinner. Seems weird, but then again...sometimes it just works! :)

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't start that early, AA...but I do wake up at 4:30 and have breakfast by 5:30 am. So by 11 am, I am ready for lunch big time! :)

Most reactions

Latest posts