What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Food anyone?

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hee Hee, you guys! I've saved Chays recipe. I also love Milo (malted hot choc drink). Do you two get that over there. I occasionally find it on our shelves but not often.

Sent from my one and only original iPad using iPF

55julie55

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Milo is delicious a staple for growing kids!
They have a milo choc bar as well ,which I can personally recommend .
Delicious

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oh yes, I used to eat those when I lived in SA. They don't have them here! In SA, there was a restaurant where they used to make milk shakes with milo and all sorts of other flavours. You could either eat inside or outside with your tray clipped to the car window. It was our big treat for the week. Tropicale or Tropicana. I think it was called. It was beneath the motorway but very tropical with trees and plants all around. Not sure if it's still there though. This was 20+ years ago.

Chays

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
Oh yes, I used to eat those when I lived in SA. They don't have them here! In SA, there was a restaurant where they used to make milk shakes with milo and all sorts of other flavours. You could either eat inside or outside with your tray clipped to the car window. It was our big treat for the week. Tropicale or Tropicana. I think it was called. It was beneath the motorway but very tropical with trees and plants all around. Not sure if it's still there though. This was 20+ years ago.

We still have these type of restaurants (road houses), and I love eating a burger and shake there. Do you get milk tart there Haley?

Regards,
~Chays~

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No, but I have the recipe! Thank god. My kids love it. My mum, bless her, has a few old recipes but not all. My dad brought the chocolate over but it was yuck in comparison to the chocolate we get over here. They put some sort of anti melt stuff in SA chocolates. I think that's possibly why?

Chays

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
No, but I have the recipe! Thank god. My kids love it. My mum, bless her, has a few old recipes but not all. My dad brought the chocolate over but it was yuck in comparison to the chocolate we get over here. They put some sort of anti melt stuff in SA chocolates. I think that's possibly why?

The anti melt stuff doesn't work:p I have just stuck a choc in the freezer, cause it is really hot here, in the high 30s

Regards,
~Chays~

Last edited:
OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ha ha ha. Lol rolling all over the floor laughing etc... Hilarious with tears streaming down my face.

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, but you gave us a helluva laugh though. It's usually me who causes everyone to laugh. Makes a change for someone else. Thanks for that Chays.

Sent from my fantastically wonderful witiPhone using iPF

Chays

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
Yes, but you gave us a helluva laugh though. It's usually me who causes everyone to laugh. Makes a change for someone else. Thanks for that Chays.

Sent from my fantastically wonderful witiPhone using iPF

Haha, it's okay, I'm great at laughing at myself :) glad I made you smile

Regards,
~Chays~

55julie55

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ok dinner tonight for the new guests
Watercress and Parmesan timbale with a spicy fresh tomato salsa.
Duck curry with a mandarin curry,bok Choy and steamed rice.( Rick Steins recipe)
Mini pavlovas with mango cream and fresh passion fruit
Anyone hungry?

Most reactions

Latest posts