What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Food anyone?

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I had a curry pastie from hubby's bakery with veg in between waiting for update to finish. There's a laugh.

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is anyone watching "There's no taste like home". 4.00 pm weekdays on ITV. It's great, and Gino's good side appears frequently. We have been drawn to the various stews. Oxtail and "Lobby" really stand out.

Sent from my iPad 1 using iPF - Greetings

johnsmith522

iPF Noob
Reaction score
im 15 and work on a satuday in a cafe in newcastle city centre and get £20 from 11 to 5. if u ask around ur area im sure you wud find a job.

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
johnsmith522 said:
im 15 and work on a satuday in a cafe in newcastle city centre and get £20 from 11 to 5. if u ask around ur area im sure you wud find a job.

That's a great post, most encouraging. Are you learning to cook?

Sent from my iPad 1 using iPF - Greetings

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Any suggestions for Halloween guys? I've got pumpkin soup with tomatoes, potato and spices coming soon. Loads of Halloween cakes, biscuits etc... For my birthday party on Saturday!

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Nope, I like it warmed up a little but I have eaten cold too! I had Italian pasta with a slice of my daughters chocolate cake. Very nice!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

TheRambler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
theramblersramblings.blogspot.co.uk
Have been out sorting Geese out this weekend so tonight's tea is a roast goose with potatoes cooked in the gooses fat and lots of veg.........can't wait.

6cec7029.jpg

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am soooo jealous. Hubby is too! We love goose. Especially at xmas. Much prefer it to turkey. Do you raise them yourself? How much are they going to be this year?

TheRambler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
theramblersramblings.blogspot.co.uk
I don't raise them no Hayles, I get to shoot quite a few that land on farmers fields, they eat and foul the grass meant for livestock.
It has been a good year this year for geese, so I think the price will be fairly competitive. I think this year we will be having Venison, a hand reared ham and of course the obligatory turkey.
I produce most of my own meat as I like to know it's had a great life and been well fed, a happy animal is a tasty animal.
With population levels worldwide, food is mass produced, this creates tasteless and unhealthy food, I prefer to do things differently.
I grow my own veg on my allotment, I have some animals for my own table and of course I also get plenty of different meats with my pest controlling. It wouldn't do for everyone, but personally, I like traceability with my food.

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Gosh you lead a similar life to us. Our neighbour shoots pests as well. He looks after pheasants for pheasant shooting. We also grow our own veg. We had leeks yesterday. A friend at the market where hubby works sold us half their pig. Absolutely Devine. Loads of meat for the winter. We have goose, ham, turkey etc... Love our traditions. Xmas is our favourite time of the year. I will be starting a thread about Xmas soon.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oh yes, but we start round about the 25th of November. A bit early but hey, who cares! We start making the Xmas cake and puddings and then Xmas pies. Then we start watching all our favourite Xmas films. Santa Claus(all of them), Scrooged, oh we have loads of them! We don't go shopping unless its for food or presents for the kids, friends and family. Shopping at Xmas becomes a chore!

Most reactions

Latest posts