What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fonts to small

dongeel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love my Mini and cannot put it down, but fonts on most apps are too small to read with naked eyes. The Accessibility adjustment works only on a few built in apps. Even this forum with Largest Fonts selection appears too small for my eyes. What do you all think?

bgjones42

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am worried about that in thinking of buying a mini. I use my iPad 2 mostly in landscape and not a fan of landscape but thing for my old eyes that would be the option.

lisa22

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dongeel said:
I love my Mini and cannot put it down, but fonts on most apps are too small to read with naked eyes. The Accessibility adjustment works only on a few built in apps. Even this forum with Largest Fonts selection appears too small for my eyes. What do you all think?

The fonts are small much of the time. Yes here, largest font is still pretty tiny. News articles seem to be a little bit better and there is a zoom feature and you have the safari reader at your disposal. I don't have a huge problem seeing small fonts so I can't recall too many places that are too small to read but I prefer a larger font also. iMessage adjusts font size. nicely. This forum is probably the worst I've come across. Most things are fine.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
lisa22 said:
The fonts are small much of the time. Yes here, largest font is still pretty tiny. News articles seem to be a little bit better and there is a zoom feature and you have the safari reader at your disposal. I don't have a huge problem seeing small fonts so I can't recall too many places that are too small to read but I prefer a larger font also. iMessage adjusts font size. nicely. This forum is probably the worst I've come across. Most things are fine.

In the IPF App, you can go to More>Settings>Forum Reading Options and change the forum font size there, hope that helps.

Oh, and welcome!

The Archangel

lisa22

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
In the IPF App, you can go to More>Settings>Forum Reading Options and change the forum font size there, hope that helps.

Oh, and welcome!

The Archangel
Yeah, you can but it doesn't help a whole lot here. Even on largest, for some reason, it's still really small for anyone with impaired eyesight.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Best to hold the mini in landscape mode.

OP
D

dongeel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
Best to hold the mini in landscape mode.

One of the beauty of Mini over other 7" tablets is that I could view most of activities in the Portrait mode. In fact I keep mine in locked rotation mode. I guess it's too much to ask to have everything the way I prefer :) But I do think it is insane to have such micro fonts.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
One of the beauty of Mini over other 7" tablets is that I could view most of activities in the Portrait mode. In fact I keep mine in locked rotation mode. I guess it's too much to ask to have everything the way I prefer :) But I do think it is insane to have such micro fonts.

I don't have micro fonts as I can read it just fine. I'm thinking you might be better off with the regular iPad, though. It is the overall best tablet on the planet. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts