What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Folders for apps

Laurieth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a way to set up folders on my main page to organize my apps, I just downloaded 4.3 software to my iPad 1 and it mentioned as something new. I would like to separate games and news items and so forth.

Can anyone tell me if I can and if so how?

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you are doing it directly on your iPad, press an hold an apple, which will allow you to toggle, move, delete and organize apps. From there you can drag one app on top of another, which we create a folder with a generic name. You can change the names. From there you can drag and drop up to 12? apps into one folder. Follow suit with all apps which you would like to place in a folder.

OP
L

Laurieth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was able to group the apps but did not change the name of the first grouping and would like to go back and do that, is that possible and if so how?

Thanks again for the help.

Rgsp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Press on the folder icon till it wiggles, then let go and press it one more time. You will now be able to edit folder name.

OP
L

Laurieth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for all the help, are there other new things that the 4.3 update will do that will be helpful, as you have guessed I am very new to this.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One tip that I learnt from a member recently, is that you can have folders in your toolbar 'dock' - the area at the bottom of the screen where you keep your most frequently used apps. Previously I had assumed that only single apps could be kept there. But if you, say, organise all your Office apps into a single folder and call it 'Office', then you can drag that folder to the screen dock area just like any app.

A neat 'tip' I thought

Tim

DevinB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've always wanted to know how to create folders in the springboard, thanks!

Most reactions

Latest posts