What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Folders did not sync

kelskade

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I did a "Restore from Backup" from my computer to the New iPad, I found that the folder structures from my previous iPad did not transfer over.
All apps came over individually, causing me to spend hours reorganizing hundreds of apps into new folders. Did anyone else experience this, and does
anyone know how this could have been prevented?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have read that if you do another "restore from backup" right after the first one, that will finish the job and your apps will be in folders. I've not done this myself, nor, obviously, can you do it either. Maybe for next time ... ?

Marilyn

MsChill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been syncing all photos to the ipad and although all photos transfer only the first level folders transfer...eg "Ava" folder transfers, but "Ava 1-2yrs" doesn't, so I now have loads of loose photos spread scorss about 4 folders....useless. I'm not a very profficient iPad user, so there's probably an easy fix (I'm an optimistic person) so am hoping one of you can show me the way!

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
MsChill said:
I've been syncing all photos to the ipad and although all photos transfer only the first level folders transfer...eg "Ava" folder transfers, but "Ava 1-2yrs" doesn't, so I now have loads of loose photos spread scorss about 4 folders....useless. I'm not a very profficient iPad user, so there's probably an easy fix (I'm an optimistic person) so am hoping one of you can show me the way!

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

Have a look at this tutorial on syncing photos to your iPad
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-faq/4621-how-sync-photos-your-ipad-itunes.html

Most reactions