What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flick (from getflick.io) troubleshooting? cookbook?

petervanavermaet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I installed this application on my Windows 7 PC and next on my iPad. The iPad started “searching for devicesâ€, but could not find any.
I then installed the application on my wife’s Windows 7 PC. The iPad discovered this device and then lost it again.

I am wondering what I can do to troubleshoot. I have seen the web page of getflick.io and the movie, but I have not found any troubleshooting information or cookbook. I am willing to believe it works fine in other situations, but what do you do if it doesn’t? Check the PC’s “client firewall� If so, for which port numbers, which protocols? What else? Should I enable Bluetooth communication?

Note: during my test the three devices were on my home WiFi – all on the same WiFi, all in the same class-C subnet (if I may use that old term).

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome--have you tried to simply close out all the apps and try again?

Also--sometimes an immediate fix of performing a reset will do the trick. To do so, just press the home button and the power button at the same time until your iPad turns off. Turn it back on and see if it connects.

Good luck and let us know your status!

Ski ~ iPadforums Moderator | iPhoneForums Moderator

OP
P

petervanavermaet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you - I will try that. And... I now notice that I poseted my question in the wrong forum within this site.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I use this app Flick (love it!). It works fine when you're going from iDevice to iDevice. The trouble is when you add a Windows PC to the mix, as you've found.

You have to specifically allow the Windows Java program access through your Windows firewall. I had to authorize both the .exe file and the .jar script. I use Norton 360 as my anti-virus protector - I just added the program to the exceptions list.

Oh, and I know the developer(s) are very responsive to questions. If you can't configure your firewall or if not's working well after you do the exceptions, trip them an e-mail. They are very friendly and helpful.

TL; DR: The Windows Java program has to be authorized to get through any firewall you have, then it'll work. :)

Marilyn

karen mac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use this app Flick (love it!). It works fine when you're going from iDevice to iDevice. The trouble is when you add a Windows PC to the mix, as you've found.

You have to specifically allow the Windows Java program access through your Windows firewall. I had to authorize both the .exe file and the .jar script. I use Norton 360 as my anti-virus protector - I just added the program to the exceptions list.

Oh, and I know the developer(s) are very responsive to questions. If you can't configure your firewall or if not's working well after you do the exceptions, trip them an e-mail. They are very friendly and helpful.

TL; DR: The Windows Java program has to be authorized to get through any firewall you have, then it'll work. :)

Marilyn

Thanks for sharing this. It just got to complicated for me todo. I'm just going to do what I'm been doing and print from my laptop. I can get around a computer but I'm not that savvy when it comes to something like this. I love the iPads and maybe sometime we well be able to print without going through all of that.

Most reactions

Latest posts