What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flash Player

oaklane76

iPF Noob
Reaction score
"This video requires you to upgrade your flash player" Your device isn't compatible with flash player! I've had this happen when trying to watch online videos such on NBC episodes of tv shows. Is there any way around this?

Talis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can try a browser like Skyfire or (I believe) Cloudbrowse which can deal with Flash on some, but not all sites after a fashion. Likely there's a way to do it if you jailbreak your iPad as well but otherwise no, Flash is not supported and not likely to be any time soon given Mr Jobs stated aversion to it.

OP
O

oaklane76

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you - I read that article about Flash from Mr. Jobs and I did do a search but had no luck. It's just frustrating when I see something I want to watch and it's not available but yet it would be on my Android phone or my pc but why would I want to go there when I have this nice IPad in front of me.

iPad For Me

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ipadforme.co.uk
I had this same problem but did not read the article at the time of Mr Jobs approach to flash but I did a search and found skyfire so I downloaded it and I have not yet come across a problem with it not being able to show a video clip, TV program or what ever you are going to use it for, so it might be worth trying that before you rule out never playing flash clips on your iPad.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Deckyon: There's no need to use this kind of tone with a new guy.
Moderators: Please have a look at this. Thank you.

Yeah. But really ~ Flash is just an never ending issue/question/thread on there and quite frankly, the Mods just may agree!

People just get annoyed when it is felt that one should have known flash is not and will not probably EVER be on the iPad, before buying it.

Bottom Line:

Some will get rude and extremely annoyed! Sorry about that.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, billb1950 is now well aware of how some of us feel about the Flash issue. Hopefully he will come back and enjoy all this forum has to offer. If not, I don't blame him.

concu88

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I suggest someone start a poll Will Apple support flash in near future?

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can start a poll if you want, but IMHO it would pretty much be a waste of time since I can tell you how it will turn out.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will bring the... Bundaberg rum
You can bring the Bundy, but if the time comes when Apple mobile devices ever play Flash, I will open this bottle of rum that was sealed the year I graduated from high school. I haven't found a reason to open it in the past 35 years, but this might just be the reason I need!

DSC_0348.jpg

Most reactions

Latest posts