What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flash For Ipad

Status
Not open for further replies.

nurdin_fahim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
B.I.G said:
Whilst this thread is active, why. Doesn't iPad have flash? Is there any good reason to it?

Don't you realize...? There are big wars between Apple and Adobe, i think so...

Sent from my iPad using iPF

ian russell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OUTL4W said:
Oooooooopsey......;)
But seriously this is like the 30th thread this week and the 5th so far TODAY....

Splashtop for iPad....or teamviewer that provides remote control of your Windows PC using your iPad. You then can watch flash....

To OP:

There should be a disclaimer at top of forum....

Teamviewer.

I downloaded this on my PC and installed the app on the iPad. It's dead easy and it's the sexiest thing I've done with a computer since I first held a mouse.

However...

The flash plays no better on it than the **** Puffin!

Ah, you can't help but laugh, it's free and it'll no doubt come in useful for other things...

I could try Splashtop but this iPad user's just about raised the white flag.

Last edited by a moderator:

ian russell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ian russell said:
Teamviewer.

I downloaded this on my PC and installed the app on the iPad. It's dead easy and it's the sexiest thing I've done with a computer since I first held a mouse.

However...

Ah, you can't help but laugh, it's free and it'll no doubt come in useful for other things...

Splashtop.

Okay, I did it, what the heck. Wow, it was even easier to set up AND first impressions are very good.

With Teamviewer, I tried two separate flash videos, different sites too, and each didn't keep up with the stream on the pc, freezing and jumping forwards. And even when it was keeping up, the picture was fragmenting as it loaded in different parts of the screen. One video was a music vid and the sound wasn't too good, quiet. I turned it up but it had little effect.

Same vids on Splashtop showed no sign of lag or fragmentation, sound was full on too. It's not 100% ideal but I reckon it's not bad and probably the closest I'm ever going to get. Have to pay for this app - change from couple of quid - as the free trial version times out after about 5 minutes.

Splashtop for Flash.

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
ian russell said:
Teamviewer.

However...

It may not be the app but your router speed not keeping up. What speed is your router broadcasting? The ipad supports "N" infrastructure. Do any of your friends use N based routers or business's around you, to test?

ian russell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OUTL4W said:
It may not be the app but your router speed not keeping up. What speed is your router broadcasting? The ipad supports "N" infrastructure. Do any of your friends use N based routers or business's around you, to test?

Thanks, OUTL4W. I don't know what N based means. It's an old router, netgear, probably needs upgrading, we had it when we had two computers, now there's four and one iPad.

GenerationX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you wanna watch vies, go with skyfire. Swifter is good too for sites that are not supported by sky fire.puffin just sucks for me, the video is kinda choppy, and the audio isn't synced right.

jmbarker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is interesting that there us a Mac version of Flash available for a full up Mac computer but not for the iPad.

Diesel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jmbarker said:
It is interesting that there us a Mac version of Flash available for a full up Mac computer but not for the iPad.

And the number one reason behind a crashed Mac is Flash. Flash also eats up battery life which is crucial for portable devices like the IPad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions