What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Engraved iPad

CLD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know if I'm the first who engraved the iPad but, I own a laser machine and decided to add the logo of my business to my iPad. (I don't offer this service sorry) I just want ot share how is done and how it will look like.

Here is the video, it will show up soon it's still processing

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGmUSPm2LJQ[/ame]

ipadengraved.jpg

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_RR1xPi5YM[/ame]

imagemvp.jpg

Last edited:

JeffMorse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looks awesome! Can you give us an idea of what you'd charge for that service if you were to do it? Just trying to ballpark here.

Also, are there certain settings we should tell the engraver so they don't melt a hole in the middle of my precious?

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't if I'm the first who engraved the iPad but, I own a laser machine and decided to add the logo of my business to my iPad. (I don't offer this service sorry) I just want ot share how is done and how it will look like.

I will post the video of the iPad been engraved as soon the upload finish.

ipadengraved.jpg

Good logo he match well with the beauty o the beast :)

i will find a company do the same here and did it in my one too

OP
C

CLD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looks awesome! Can you give us an idea of what you'd charge for that service if you were to do it? Just trying to ballpark here.

Also, are there certain settings we should tell the engraver so they don't melt a hole in the middle of my precious?

I do custom R/C parts, I dont engrave much, but I will think they will charge you around $20-$60 all depends on the design, setup etc. I don't offer this service because if something goes wrong you will be screwed, you only have one chance do it right and I have experencied that my laser machine stops working for no reason, or the electricity goes off and I can't finish the engraving and there is no way to fixed.

As far as laser engraving power, any person who owns a laser engraver will now how much power it needs to engraved aluminum, and don't worry there is no way to cut thru the aluminum with a laser engraver, unless you're talking about industrial size laser engravers. But they cost more than a house :D

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow thats a cool video, always wondered what it looked like when they engraved stuff :)

OP
C

CLD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
new video and picture posted

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only problem I have with engraving it is, when the next gen comes out and you want to sell it it will be personalized. Especially an engraving with your name and number on it.

OP
C

CLD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only problem I have with engraving it is, when the next gen comes out and you want to sell it it will be personalized. Especially an engraving with your name and number on it.

True , but in my case I will be using it to make invoices and showing videos and pictures to customers, it will be out of my home alot, if I end up leaving it in some of my customers places is a good chance of getting it back. I can always upgrade to a 2nd gen and give this one to my wife or resell it on ebay cheaper than others but I know someone wont mind about the engraving with a silicone cover on it. :)

Ghuda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can I say bad-ass without getting in trouble? That looks great. I always thought laser and aluminum was bad because of the refractory properties of aluminum, apparently, I am an idiot.

Good for you. If you do offer this as a service i bet you could do a pretty brisk business engraving iPad's.

Lightcarve

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.lightcarve.com
Ipad engraving

Just to let you know we engrave iPads and they come out great! We are located just North of Atlanta.

If the artwork is ready to go price is $35.
If you need help getting your art ready it will be around $60.

Ready art is in ai png or cdr file formats.

If you make an appointment it is while-you-wait. Should take no more that 30 minutes.

We use battery back-ups so power failure is not an issue.

We can accept shipments you password lock your unit sent it to us with return insured postage pre-paid. 24 hour turnaround if artwork is ready.

Light Carve Industries – Laser Engraving and Etching Atlanta Georgia

Maya

iPF Noob
Reaction score
wow, thank you CLD! I don't have an ipad yet but you just gave me a great idea :) for when I do

Most reactions

Latest posts