What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Find my IPad Question

Querty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I’ve looked through the search and can’t find anything related to this the location is correct but when I press play sound it says playing sound but nothing happens when I turn it up with the volume controls the bar increase but still nothing. Above the bar it says ringer I’m sure it once said volume.
928200E1-1371-4BA4-B83A-3A7317627592.png

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The volume setting on your device has no effect on the loudness of the Find sound. It bypasses all volume, mute, and alarm settings. Or at least it should. It does in my tests.

On the other hand I noticed that the sound does not start until 4 or 5 seconds after the notification shows up on the to-be-found-device screen. If you are also testing, perhaps you are tapping ok on the notification before the sound begins.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Also, in order to turn off the sound you have to enter the password to unlock the iPad, then dismiss the Find My alert. If left alone, the sound will continue at full volume until the battery goes dead.

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Also, in order to turn off the sound you have to enter the password to unlock the iPad, then dismiss the Find My alert. If left alone, the sound will continue at full volume until the battery goes dead.

In my tests the sound stops eventually. Around two minutes. The notification stays up until acknowledged.

OP
Q

Querty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The volume setting on your device has no effect on the loudness of the Find sound. It bypasses all volume, mute, and alarm settings. Or at least it should. It does in my tests.

On the other hand I noticed that the sound does not start until 4 or 5 seconds after the notification shows up on the to-be-found-device screen. If you are also testing, perhaps you are tapping ok on the notification before the sound begins.
Thanks for the replies yes I was pressing the ok button immediately give it a second or three and it works.

Most reactions

Latest posts