What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Find My Friends Me Image Wrong

MikeV99

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My Find My Friends app is using the contact image for one of my friends for the "Me" item. I have tried several things without success. Other than that it works correctly. Any way to fix it?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Find My Friends gets the picture from your iCloud account, if you didn't change this. If possible, sign in to iCloud using a browser - that's not possible on your iPad in Safari, you can use Puffin, if you want to use your iDevice - and take a look at your profile picture. It should be possible to change it there as well.

If your iPad is up to date, you're able to change the image in Settings - iCloud. Tap the arrow next to the email address where your (wrong) photo can be seen, enter your password, then tap Edit at the top right. Below the image, you'll find "Edit" as well afterwards. That way you're able to use a picture from your Photos app.

Last edited:
OP
M

MikeV99

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply. It was a convoluted process but I think things are clean now. The first thing I had to do was not share my iCloud account with my wife. She now uses her own account as the primary owner (fortunately the free 5 GBs meet her needs). That triggered a whole bunch of changes including having to restore my wife's iPhone.

Most reactions

Latest posts