What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Find iPhone App problems

djkeev

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all!
I'm new here having just purchased my first iPad for myself, we've got a quiver full of Apple devices but this is MY first iPad. The New iPad 3rd Generation, WiFi only, 64g.

Mine was delivered on introduction Friday at 10 am EST by FedEx.

I have the Find iPhone app on all of our Apple devices. My iPhone 4s, my wife's iPhone 4s, my wifes iPad2, the "extra" iPad "1" we have for the grand kids, and the old iPhone 3G we use as an iPod touch.

The app works on every unit Except my new iPad 3rd Gen. Everything is turned on, location services, iCloud, etc. they all access iTunes using the same account and password.
The only thing that makes me wonder is that I did open an iCloud @me. Account. Could this be confusing things? As I understood it, you had to open an @me account to use iCloud for email. Am I wrong here?

Thanks for any help or insight from those of you more Apple smart than I!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The iPad (or any device) will use the iCloud account for Find my iPhone. If you change the new iPad's iCloud to the same as the others it should work.

if you prefer to have separate iCloud accounts for your devices (plenty of good reasons for this) get the Find Friends app. this will allow you to track any other iOS 5.x device, provided they give you permission.

Apple IDs and iCloud

OP
D

djkeev

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply but this is what is confusing me. My iPhone 4s, my wifes iPhone 4s, my wife's iPad 2 and my iPad 3 are all on the same account, same passwords, etc.

The iPhones will show all the devices listed above as found plus it lists three older no longer used devices as not found. I just checked and both iPads will only show one older not used
iPhone but can't find a location. Both phones I use and both iPads do not show up on the list.

Both phones are cellular enabled and are used with 3G, well they call it 4g now! Both iPads are wifi only and while they are Found by the phones, they cannot find themselves or other devices.

Hope this makes sense?

Dave

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
All I can say is make sure all devices are on and connected to the internet and try again. It should work. My wi-fi iPad 2 finds itself and the iPhone 4 just fine (though the accuracy for itself is highly variable).

Also check Location services in Settings and make sure they are on for all devices and the Find my iPhone apps.

Most reactions