What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finally I can ditch Itunes!!

awarner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, so you don't need iTunes - only the guts of the iTunes application so that this software can be used with more limitations than what you can do with iTunes. Just because you hate iTunes that is free and would rather spend money so you can do less. Ok, got it.

Btw IMTOO says right in the FAQ that it needs iTunes.

I have it working without installing iTunes, guess I must be lucky. As I said I installed the required drivers as instructed by another app to get round installing itunes.
I would rather buy and use an app that does not insist that I can only use one pc for my media, I use a media center pc, netbook and laptop all my media music and films are spread out between the three units as well as the wife's laptop so I can quite happily connect to any of these devices and upload/download between them without any problems.

I am also playing with other sync apps to see which one I like the best as I'm new to iPads, imtoo seems pretty good for converting avi which is what most of my dvd collection has been converted to over the years.

Last edited:

Piney

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been using this for a while converted every episode of peppa pig for my daughter to watch in the car lol

Also great for converting videos taken on phone

bookworm88888

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you just want to watch movies on the iPad that you didn't get from the iTunes store, an easy way would be to use an app that plays many different video formats. I use AVPlayerHD and it's played everything I've thrown at it. I still use the computer iTunes program to load the videos onto my iPad, but you can also load files onto AVPlayer through the internet without using a computer program. There are actually a bunch of video apps at this point.

Most reactions