What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iTunes problem - lost 3 films

DM51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iTunes problem - lost 3 films ** FIXED! **

I bought 3 films yesterday using iTunes on my PC, leaving them to download overnight.

This morning I connected my iPad to sync and pick up the movies, and immediately got a popup notice saying the new iTunes v10.(?) needed to be downloaded to the PC. I disconnected the iPad and enabled the download.

When it was done, I checked the PC to see what was new with iTunes (not much, as far as I can see) but the new films were not there. They didn't appear with the sync, either.

Do I now wait for the iTunes email invoice for the films and then file a claim, or what? Any advice would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad has a cunning trick 'up it's sleeve'! You'd expect videos and music that you'd bought and downloaded in iTunes to be available in - well - iTunes! Sounds obvious to me!

But the iPad decided to confuse and confound you. Videos and films are stored not in iTunes but in the iPad's native 'Videos' app and music in the iPad's native 'iPod' app. Have a look and see if they're there.

If not and I've made a fool of myself (not difficult, I can assure you!) then get to me and I'll have another go.....

Other more experienced Forum members may have more credible advice too....

Tim
Scotland

OP
DM51

DM51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
'fraid not... my "iPod" app just has music in it. I have a separate standard app called "Videos" where movies are stored. Movies I bought before went there automatically, and they show up on iTunes on the PC as well.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It sounds like the down load was not complete. Go to your account in iTunes on your pc or mac. Log in to your account look for recent purchases and your movies. Copy all details of respective purchases including invoice numbers etc and name of movies date and anything else.
Go to this link. Apple - Support - iTunes Store - Contact Us
Complete form giving all information. Request to re down load movies that were purchased.. And submit. Usually it takes around 48 hours for a response. Which will allow you to re-down load movies purchased. I usually state download was interrupted

You can email iTunes support direct. But this is easier.
Hope this helps

Last edited:
OP
DM51

DM51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you very much indeed for your help - I'll try this tonight.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm probably being obvious, but have you tried going to the Store menu and Checking for Available Downloads?

If the downloads were incomplete, as col.bris suggested, there is a good chance you can re-start them this way.

Try it before contacting Apple Support anyway.

OP
DM51

DM51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Update: Thanks to your combined help, I found the movies. The download had not completed, and there was a notification in "Store" >> "View My Account" showing it was waiting. The download resumed when prompted, and the movies are now on the iPad! :)

Many thanks again for the useful advice!

BTW - in case anyone is interested, the movies concerned are:
~ Some Like it Hot
~ A Night at the Opera
~ Road to Morocco

3 of my all-time favorites!

OP
DM51

DM51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Problem solved!

BTW, I tried to edit the thread title to show the problem has been fixed (usual method is to edit the title of post #1 in Advanced mode) but the title has not changed...

Most reactions

Latest posts