What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favorite Ipad Browser

Favorite Ipad/Ipad 2 Browser

• Atomic

Votes: 44 21.5%
  • Cloud

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Penguin

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Sarafi

Votes: 113 55.1%
  • Skyfire

Votes: 7 3.4%
  • Other- Please Specify

Votes: 37 18.0%

• Total voters

lonzom10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So far I am really enjoying the "Mercury" browser. It is the closest browser I have found to mimic Firefox. Loving it so far!

Hot_guitar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been using Atomic and Perfect Browser. Can't decide which is best, I like the tabbed browsing and finger gestures, I would try more, but how many browser apps can you have on one device ;)?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

jasmynsway

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Safari. iSwifter if I absolutely must have flash.

How is it they're able to support flash by the way? What's the beef between apple and adobe? ..and yes, I've been under a rock.

dpgipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im new here and have a few questions. When I try to access my work email, im limited to the page and I cant scroll down using the side tabs.

It is more what I see is what I get... Which one of these browsers are you able to use to access more of my page. thank you

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im new here and have a few questions. When I try to access my work email, im limited to the page and I cant scroll down using the side tabs.

It is more what I see is what I get... Which one of these browsers are you able to use to access more of my page. thank you

If you're trying to view text that's set within a frame on a web-page you need to use the 'two finger scroll' iPad gesture. It takes a while to master, so be patient. In the frame touch the text with two fingers simultaneously - I use my first and second fingers - and lightly scroll up or down with both fingers at the same time. As I said, it takes a while to get the technique to perfection - to begin with you usually end up zooming the page or something like that - but perservere and you'll soon get the hang of it.

Good Luck

Tim

Beryl

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Although I keep returning to Safari, I keep ditching it because of irritating 'features'. One of the worse is how it reloads pages (since it doesn't have tabs) when you switch back and forth. Forget about referring to data on one page to fill out a form on another. The only work-around is to copy all of the data you need for the form to a memo and switch apps instead. Even that doesn't always work if Safari decides to reload the form page.

dpgipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
YOU DA MAN :D thank you so much... that is what I wanted to do.

Worked perfectly and made me enjoy this ipad even more, have a great easter weekend!

If you're trying to view text that's set within a frame on a web-page you need to use the 'two finger scroll' iPad gesture. It takes a while to master, so be patient. In the frame touch the text with two fingers simultaneously - I use my first and second fingers - and lightly scroll up or down with both fingers at the same time. As I said, it takes a while to get the technique to perfection - to begin with you usually end up zooming the page or something like that - but perservere and you'll soon get the hang of it.

Good Luck

Tim

Mr. Luigi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wish Safari allowed control of font size like Atomic

I previously posted that I use Safari the most. But there are several functionalities on Atomic that really attract me to it. Most important is the ability to increase the font size on a web page without having to pan as a result because Atomic reformats the page so everything still fits on the screen. I LOVE THIS!!! Better still, Atomic let's you save this new font size so that when you access that web site in the future it remembers your preferred font size. LOVE IT! Why doesn't Safari have this functionality? I mean...really. I still use Safari b/c my Safari bookmarks on my MacBook Pro are synced to my Safari browser on the iPad...which is a great time saver. If I could get my MacBook Pro Safari bookmarks to sync to Atomic, I'm not sure I'd use Safari on my iPad at all.

Tassiecelt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I believe Apple make sure that nothing quite compares with safari. Which is why so many keep coming back to it. One issue is being able to make a browser a default browser, eg. It opens a link from an email. Openly safari can do that, apple make sure of it so I am told by atomic support .

Having said that, I'm looking at icab, it's nice to see a way of linking with Evernote even if it is very slow.
Icab imports safari bookmarks more easily it seems. I quite like it.

Most reactions

Latest posts