What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fav Music

What music do you like?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wreybies

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually there's only good music and bad music really, so the strict definitions of the poll are a bit meaningless.
I'm pretty eclectic but would have to say the most sublime musical moments of my life involved opera.

Agreed. I have a fair representation in my iTunes library of everything mentioned and some others that do not fit into these categories given that these categories are culturally dependent.

I chose "other".

Right now I am in a deeply intense auditory love affair with Mônica Salmaso.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sounds interesting, post me a link of your favourite one?

sent with love from my iPad on IPF

Wreybies

iPF Noob
Reaction score
She sounds good! What is she singing about?

It loses a lot in a straight translation from Brazilian Portuguese to English, but she is basically singing to someone about the fact that she is a backwoods girl, from the country, simple and devout in her way, but that she buys the paper to know what is going on the world. The idea being not to underestimate her for her country ways; she knows full well what she is about. ;)

I love Salmaso's smokey deep voice which carries so beautifully and strongly without ever have to "belt" a note. And the subdued African rhythm to this particular song is a perfect compliment to the song's meaning and intent in that it implies a connecting with undeniable roots and presents them in a way that intones unquestioned validity in a modern setting.

...... and I'm done soapboxing for now. LOL :)

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wreybies said:
It loses a lot in a straight translation from Brazilian Portuguese to English, but she is basically singing to someone about the fact that she is a backwoods girl, from the country, simple and devout in her way, but that she buys the paper to know what is going on the world. The idea being not to underestimate her for her country ways; she knows full well what she is about. ;)

I love Salmaso's smokey deep voice which carries so beautifully and strongly without ever have to "belt" a note. And the subdued African rhythm to this particular song is a perfect compliment to the song's meaning and intent in that it implies a connecting with undeniable roots and presents them in a way that intones unquestioned validity in a modern setting.

...... and I'm done soapboxing for now. LOL :)

No, you love her, I get that! I love all things, classical, rock, rap, opera, pop etc... If it's got a beat and I like it, it's good for me. I love the ballads as well as the indie belters. Blues and jazz is probably low on my list though!

mikeos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like most music that isn't your commercial auto tuned singing repetitive commercial crap with a rap chourus and a party dance music theme.
At the moment I'm really into deep house.
I also like uk indie music.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm a big Muse fan. Supermassive black hole is still one of my all time favourites.

Karyyk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
anybody like hardcore

As in Agnostic Front, Bad Brains, Black Flag, Murphy's Law, later Misfits (Danzig-fronted), etc? That I like. The newer "hardcore" (a lot of which is crossover metal/hardcore), not so much.

Most reactions

Latest posts