What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fatal Error 228

Dragonborn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I have tried everywhere for an answer, and then I found this site. Received fatal error 228 on my ipad2, ipod and iphone while playing a game. This error prevents me from accessing the game. I can find out what the error is siBadDeviceName on the net, but not a fix. Any help would be grafeful. Thanks

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Dragornborn-Welcome to the forum.

I just googled fatal error 228 and it has something to do with Ram size "out of range."

Have you tried to force the app to quit by pressing the home button twice until you get your multibar task showing on the bottom? When you do this, it shows all the apps you have used recently. Long press your game until it shakes and a red negative sign shows in the corner of the app. This will not delete but will quit the app in the background. Than try to access the app again and see if that helps. I see that you have the same issue on your ipod and iphone. May be worth doing the same.

If that does not help, it would be helpful to restart the ipad. To do this just press the power switch until you get the slide lock to power off. Power back on than retry.

Good luck. Let us know if that does not help.

OP
D

Dragonborn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Skimonkey. Yep tried all of that, but still get the same error, no change. I'm wondering if this is a problem with the game, more than the pad. When I checked the 228 error on the net I came up with siBadDeviceName (input device error) Thanks anyway I apprreiate the help Skimonkey.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Could be the app, if it is showing consistent results across all 3 devices. You did not mention what you had done already to trouble shot, so rather than assume anything, I figured I would give you that first.

I am assuming that you have also tried to reset your ipad by hitting the power switch and the home button at the same time as well, correct?

OP
D

Dragonborn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey thanks again. Tried that too. Maybe it'll go away (hopefully) in a day. Tried figuring out if it is an Itune error, but they don't have much in the way of help for stuff like that. All I get around the web is that it is siBadDeviceName which is a Sound Management Error. But again, thanks for your input.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Apple's system is not perfect sometimes.
track.php

Really, I think it is more of an app issue from the developers end rather than an Apple problem.

OP
D

Dragonborn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Skimonkey. Yes it turned out to be an App issue. Thanks for your help and input. This is a very good forum. ;)

Most reactions