What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fastest UK network for the new iPad (iPad 3/third generation)?

lloydy_rugby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi!

I own the third generation iPad (iPad 3 as it's known to some). It's the 3G one, and I was wondering what network is best to use for fast internet speeds on the device?

Although 4G doesn't exist yet in the UK, the new iPad can apparently get very high speeds of internet on it? Up to something like 40Mbps on 3G? (Although there aren't any phone networks that can do that much yet)

But what networks can offer fast internet? I recently purchased the 3GB data lasting 3 months on Three for £20.49 (£12.50 when bought through Quidco). The allowance has now all been used up, and with 4 out of 5 bars of signal, I was getting download speeds of 18Mbps, and upload speeds of around 3Mbps here on the outskirts of Bristol, England.

I've now got an O2 sim in my iPad as it is the cheapest network for daily usage at £2.04 a day, but I'm now only getting download speeds of around 4Mbps.

Other than Three, are there any networks that offer data speeds of about 18Mbps? Or more? I hadn't tried it on 5 out of 5 bars so guess it would have been even faster, but it was great for tethering to my laptop - around 15Mbps on it, rather than the 9Mbps that TalkTalk currently supply us with.

Thanks! :)

esseximaging

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I have a 3 g / wifi pad through 3 network so far it's been brilliant and it was the best deal out there

BatieB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Three is the best data network in the UK. Crappy customer service though.

Unleashed

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I found on twitter the three network replies to every single one of my tweets but they are not always helpful but they do good amounts of data for cheap.. I pay £5 for 1GB and with wifi as I use that more the 1GB is plenty but you can pay I think and get 10/15GB's and unlike other networks it works really well on the motor way I found. orange has 10Gb allowances but I dont know anything about their network if its good or not so I would agree with the rest and say three uk

Most reactions

Latest posts