What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FaceTime vs Skype

IOShowtodude

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The classic argument of which is better FaceTime or Skype? But in the end my opinion is Skype reigns supreme!

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Skype is more universal, FaceTime is apple only.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've found that quality varies on both, depending on where I am. I use whatever works best for the place and the people. Some of my friends and family don't own any Apple products, so Skype would be my choice if I had to pick one. But there's no reason I have to pick one.

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There is no pros nad cons ;)

True, there is no prose in Skype, but there must be at least one pro to using it or one wouldn't.

I don't know Skype so cannot weigh in on this one - though I do use FaceTime a lot. Easy, convenient, and just works for me.

HardMetalAlchemy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use Skype with my friends since they don't have any apple products :eek: However, I use FT with family because we all have at least one iPod/ iPhone/ ipad

Most reactions