What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Facetime issue

david lack

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Facetime is terrific. However, i have connected with people in australia and in canada and in italy, etc.

I bought an ipad 2 for my in laws in Sydney a month or so ago. They went through the process of setting up facetime but we are having trouble connecting.

They can ring me and when i accept facetime gets stuck in "connecting" status indefinitely. When i call them, they never see the prompt to accept or decline. I have connected with others in australia straight away no problem.

Then a couple of weeks ago my inlaws and i connected perfectly. The following week again n problem. All of a sudden last week, the same issue happened again where we cannot connect at all. The same issue where "connecting" status hits us and never goes beyond, and when we contact them, they never receive a prompt, thpugh for two weeks itworked fine.

Any thoughts from the Apple community out there?

Rambler358

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What iOS version are you on?

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
hmmm. I have had a similar problem with Skype... sometimes it alerts the other party, sometimes I am alerted, sometimes not. It may not only be limited to FaceTime and it may be a related issue.

slayda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Take a look at the "Tango" app. It is similar to Facetime but also can connect to Android devices. In some ways it's not as slick as Facetime but it allows 3 options; Video both ways, Video one way & audio only the other way, or just audio both ways. It's a free app and maybe will do better for you than Facetime, or not but worth a try.

scubadiver12165

iPF Noob
Reaction score
slayda said:
Take a look at the "Tango" app. It is similar to Facetime but also can connect to Android devices. In some ways it's not as slick as Facetime but it allows 3 options; Video both ways, Video one way & audio only the other way, or just audio both ways. It's a free app and maybe will do better for you than Facetime, or not but worth a try.

It seems Tango is made for the iPhone only and not for the iPad. That sucks.

gfengstad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
david lack said:
Facetime is terrific. However, i have connected with people in australia and in canada and in italy, etc.

I bought an ipad 2 for my in laws in Sydney a month or so ago. They went through the process of setting up facetime but we are having trouble connecting.

They can ring me and when i accept facetime gets stuck in "connecting" status indefinitely. When i call them, they never see the prompt to accept or decline. I have connected with others in australia straight away no problem.

Then a couple of weeks ago my inlaws and i connected perfectly. The following week again n problem. All of a sudden last week, the same issue happened again where we cannot connect at all. The same issue where "connecting" status hits us and never goes beyond, and when we contact them, they never receive a prompt, thpugh for two weeks itworked fine.

Any thoughts from the Apple community out there?

Key things that need to be consistent.

You need to confirm that the iPads are both connected to wifi prior to establishing a connection. If any of the iPads are on 3G, it will not connect. The only other consideration is ensuring there are no firewalls blocking any ports for the FaceTime service,

For your reference, check out the following: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4245

Most reactions