What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Facebook Messenger for iPad could be released this week

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
Facebook-Messenger.jpg

Facebook has been rumored to be cooking interesting things deep in its development labs. For example, a new Facebook smartphone and a possible Facebook OS could possibly be on their way very soon. This week, however, we have a different information for you Facebook lovers. Apparently, your favorite social network is getting ready to officially launch the Facebook Messenger for iPad.

The Techcrunch crew talked to some inside sources inside Facebook and managed to get the confirmation that the iPad version of the social media application is done prepping and ready to be launched as soon as tomorrow. The application will include all the functionalities users got accustomed to in the iPhone version but in a larger format, of course. The chat functionality will be present, as well as the option of receiving vocal messages. Alexia Tsotsis of Techcrunch reported:

“Specifically I’m hearing that Messenger for iPad, replete with all the Messenger features we’ve come to love like emoticons, photosharing, read receipts, location tagging, group messaging, and the new voice-recorded messaging feature, is ready for the public eye. And basically, it’s what exists on the iPad but in a bigger format.”

Judging by the fact that millions of mobile devices owners across the world use the Facebook application on a regular basis, an iPad version of the popular social messaging platform was indeed needed. Facebook Messenger for iPad will probably become available for free and won’t be integrated in the Facebook Messenger app, now available at the App Store. Facebook will probably want to launch a standalone application.

Source: TechCrunch

Last edited by a moderator:

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Finally, the iPhone version of the app is horrible on the iPad !!!

Sent from my WiFi Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display in NYC using iPF

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
I knew you'd be all over this one!! ;)

It is not in the Apple store yet!!! I just checked. But I found a desktop version of Facebook which is really nice lol.

Sent from my WiFi Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display in NYC using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts