What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Facebook Issues

kenKnightSSAR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ll of a sudden my Facebook app went south. I can see the post, but no pictures. When I tap on the blank area, I can get the attachments. Chrome or Safari will not even log me on. I think our friends @ Facebook have made some changes. Does anyone else have these problems? Apple support is of no help.

NielNiel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ll of a sudden my Facebook app went south. I can see the post, but no pictures. When I tap on the blank area, I can get the attachments. Chrome or Safari will not even log me on. I think our friends @ Facebook have made some changes. Does anyone else have these problems? Apple support is of no help.

Reinstall the apps? Reboot the device? Tried all of the basic steps?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OP
K

kenKnightSSAR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
NielNiel said:
Reinstall the apps? Reboot the device? Tried all of the basic steps?

Did all that. The problem is that I am isolated from the OS, and cannot delete all the pgm info associated with Facebook, so when I delete, reboot, and re-install, the problem returns.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi there...what OS are you running just out of curiosity? I haven't noticed issues with FB either, so just wondering what is happening to yours.

And just to be clear you have done the following...?

Force the app to quit by pushing the home button twice to bring up your multi-task bar. This will show all the apps that you have visited. By long pressing the app in question, it will begin to jiggle-press the red circle with the negative sign on the app. It will only quit the app and not delete. Than try to re-open the app and test out.

If that doesn't work, restart the iPad by pressing the power switch down to power off.

Third is to do a soft reset by holding the power switch and home button together until you see the apple logo. Hope that helps!

NielNiel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did all that. The problem is that I am isolated from the OS, and cannot delete all the pgm info associated with Facebook, so when I delete, reboot, and re-install, the problem returns.

Did you try with other Facebook account? Maybe your family member?

NielNiel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes,few days ago i faced this problems like you ,meanwhile i installed this apps again and my problems would be solved very easily.

I guess the above should helps. =)

OP
K

kenKnightSSAR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nope. . No .. Nada

Sorry, but everything I have done does not give me the pictures of my friends or their attachments. Also, I cannot log on to Facebook easily from ant web browser. Interesting, this is the only app on my iPad that does not work. Oh well

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, but everything I have done does not give me the pictures of my friends or their attachments. Also, I cannot log on to Facebook easily from ant web browser. Interesting, this is the only app on my iPad that does not work. Oh well

Hi there...make sure that your auto fill is turned on. To do this...go to settings/safari/autofill/names and passwords on. See if that works when you use the browser for FB.

Most reactions