What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Facebook battery drain

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Does anyone else have this problem? I noticed that the facebook app seeems to be draining my battery in the background even though background app refresh and location services are disabled. It reduced my battery life by almost 3 hours.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Does anyone else have this problem? I noticed that the facebook app seeems to be draining my battery in the background even though background app refresh and location services are disabled. It reduced my battery life by almost 3 hours.
You may want to force close the Facebook app when not actually using it as the Facebook app is notorious for continuing to work in the background and draining your battery, despite how you set the controls. This is one of the very few times where it is recommended to always force close a particular app. Try it and let us know how it works for you.

OP
Ser Aphim

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You may want to force close the Facebook app when not actually using it as the Facebook app is notorious for continuing to work in the background and draining your battery, despite how you set the controls. This is one of the very few times where it is recommended to always force close a particular app. Try it and let us know how it works for you.

Thank's scifan57. I'll see how it works out. Currently I'm accessing FB through safari, it's slower than the FB app and its a pain.

OP
Ser Aphim

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It seems that my battery life has halved. I already deleted the FB app, so I can't really say which is causing the battery drain. Disabled push for outlook, still getting battery drain.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Try going to Settings>General>Usage>Battery Usage and check out the list to see if anything is using too much battery.

OP
Ser Aphim

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Try going to Settings>General>Usage>Battery Usage and check out the list to see if anything is using too much battery.
Safari is at the top of the list, as always, but it has always been my most used app. A continous use of it usually lasts for 10 hours, which is my normal battery life.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You could go to Settings>General>Background App Refresh and turn it off to see if that helps. If it does, turn it back on then turn off the background app refresh for every app, then turn it on one app at a time until you discover which one is causing the excessive battery drain.

OP
Ser Aphim

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Video playback can decrease battery life right? But only if the video is being played. Is it possible that streaming videos, for example YouTube, cause some sort of after effect that can drain battery life?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Video playback can decrease battery life right? But only if the video is being played. Is it possible that streaming videos, for example YouTube, cause some sort of after effect that can drain battery life?
There should not be any battery drain continuing after you stop watching a streamed video. Does YouTube seem to be using more battery power than it should? You could try deleting, then re-installing the YouTube app to see if that helps.

OP
Ser Aphim

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Actually I use safari.

I tried deleting facebook and messenger, I tried removing my outlook account from my device yet I am still suffering from battery drain. I checked diagnostic and usage and I found this:
image.jpg
image.jpg
I've had hundreds of it and I don't know what it does. Can someone tell me what it is?

OP
Ser Aphim

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Battery Usage percentages only seems to show how much I use an app, it doesn't display background activites, at least that's how I see it safari still accounts for 70% to 80% of my battery usage, as usual.

Most reactions

Latest posts