What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Face time is not existing in the pre-downloaded app

garacia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello! I registered in this forum because I found other topics very helpful and I have few questions to ask about The New Ipad (Ipad 3).

My sister bought it 2days ago from a mall here in Dubai, when I configured the Ipad I found out that FACETIME is not existing in the pre-downloaded app.:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

but on the model unit that was in display in that store facetime is available.

I am aware that facetime is restricted here in Dubai but what if we go in different place where facetime is not restricted how can we get the facetime application?

Please help us.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
garacia said:
Hello! I registered in this forum because I found other topics very helpful and I have few questions to ask about The New Ipad (Ipad 3).

My sister bought it 2days ago from a mall here in Dubai, when I configured the Ipad I found out that FACETIME is not existing in the pre-downloaded app.:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

but on the model unit that was in display in that store facetime is available.

I am aware that facetime is restricted here in Dubai but what if we go in different place where facetime is not restricted how can we get the facetime application?

Please help us.

I'm afraid you can't. Being as FaceTime is a standard feature of iOS, except in countries that restrict it, it's not available in the App Store. FaceTime is factory disabled in iPads and other iOS devices as a condition of sale in those countries that do not allow FaceTime.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

As Scifan has said there is no possibility for FaceTime on your IPad, these iPads are actually fundamentally different from others. Have you bought it from an Apple Store?
There is a 14 day window in which Apple products may be returned........ just hope you've kept the box. Let us know how you go.

The IPad Forum is a community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the Ipad. There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions you have. If then you cannot find the answer you are seeking then by all means post your question. There are many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - It is a very simple app to navigate.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discussion-forum-for-ipad/id412896524?mt=8
Reading the IPad manual is a great place to start so please download a copy of these.
http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
3 very informative threads from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-os/49581-ios5-tips-tricks.html
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-help...shortcuts-helpful-places-people-new-ipad.html
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us!

OP
G

garacia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unfortunately we just bought it from a retail store here in Dubai. And the government of UAE banned this application. its just so sad because if we go home in the Philippines we will not be able to use the application since its not there & face time is not restricted in the Philippines and some other country.

Thanks for the help though. :)

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
garacia said:
Unfortunately we just bought it from a retail store here in Dubai. And the government of UAE banned this application. its just so sad because if we go home in the Philippines we will not be able to use the application since its not there & face time is not restricted in the Philippines and some other country.

Thanks for the help though. :)

I think it still worth at least a try.....if FaceTime was on display on the demonstration model you would expect to have it on your iPad.

Good retail stores here would honor that if its not as advertised then you can return it although I don't know what consumer laws they have there

There is always Skype to fall back on.

OP
G

garacia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think it still worth at least a try.....if FaceTime was on display on the demonstration model you would expect to have it on your iPad.

Good retail stores here would honor that if its not as advertised then you can return it although I don't know what consumer laws they have there

There is always Skype to fall back on.

I know but they didn't honor it to be replaced coz we bought it during the electronic exhibitions.. I have Skype in the settings and that's it..

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
garacia said:
I know but they didn't honor it to be replaced coz we bought it during the electronic exhibitions.. I have Skype in the settings and that's it..

That's a shame.....but Skype is good also. There are also audio apps you can get like Hey Tell for sending messages, you can even have several people in the conversation from different locations with this app.

Most reactions

Latest posts