What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Face time on Ipad2....Network Connection problems....

MYIpad2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wonder if you may be able to help me with this. I just purchased the Ipad2 and when it comes to setting up face time I am getting the message of "could not sign in. please check your network activation..." I know my network is set up correctly as i am able to surf the web and download apps. I know my email address is verified and works with facetime on my mac and my iphone, but for some reason I can not complete activation on my ipad2....
this is really frustrating...any thoughts?

Fakhry

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i think thats a bug of ios 4.3 . maybe you must upgrading to the last version 4.3.2 . because this version contains bug fixes for face time and trouble connection issues

gortyargen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the same problem. Try this it worked for me.Go to Settings - WiFi Press the > at the side of your wifi connection Change the DNS numbers to 8.8.8.8 Never any problems for me after that

JJK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can also try resetting your network settings. That seems to have the trick with me.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

svarup

iPF Noob
Reaction score
gortyargen said:
I had the same problem. Try this it worked for me.Go to Settings - WiFi Press the > at the side of your wifi connection Change the DNS numbers to 8.8.8.8 Never any problems for me after that

This finally did the trick for me too! I did not create a new account, just changed the DNS to 8.8.8.8
Thank you very much for sharing!

Kenwaja

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same error msg after change dns to 8.8.8.8
should I update to iOS 4.3.2.....now is with iOS 4.3.1

jackitec

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all, i have problems with face time freezing on my ipad2, i have the latest software installed and i have changed dns numbers to a few different ones still the same, does anyone know how much bandwidth FaceTime uses, I have a 2meg wifi connection,

Regards,
Jack.

Most reactions

Latest posts