What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

f1.com timimg screens on ipad

brian.kirkham

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I can access these on my laptop with no problems today although it needed an update to Java. Only get a blank on iPad, is this a flash issue?

Mixz1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
More likely a Java issue. The Formula1 Live Timing applet is java based.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There are Formula1 apps in the store that will get you the same info. The F1.com site even mentions them. Just search for 'formula1".

OP
B

brian.kirkham

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are Formula1 apps in the store that will get you the same info. The F1.com site even mentions them. Just search for 'formula1".

I am aware of these but at £19.99 not attractive when I can get the same data for free on a PC, just another Apple quirk, dragged out the old netbook did the job. It is clear the new pad machines are using Apples's quirks as differentiators, flash, java, lack of address book sync etc. Let's hope Apple listen

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I am aware of these but at £19.99 not attractive when I can get the same data for free on a PC, just another Apple quirk, dragged out the old netbook did the job. It is clear the new pad machines are using Apples's quirks as differentiators, flash, java, lack of address book sync etc. Let's hope Apple listen

Address book sync works fine on my iPad - never had any trouble with that.

Tim

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
brian.kirkham said:

I don't think it is an Apple quirk, Apple don't set the prices for the apps, the app developers set the prices, if the developers wanted to distribute them for free then Apple would do that.........hence all the free apps in the app store.

The Archangel

Andrew_Hague

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Formula1.com is a free app for iphone. X2 it works well on the ipad. It provides all of the stats for live timing etc.

OP
B

brian.kirkham

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Andrew_Hague said:
Formula1.com is a free app for iphone. X2 it works well on the ipad. It provides all of the stats for live timing etc.

Thanks Andrew, it works maybe they will make available an iPad version

Most reactions