What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

External Hard Drives(self powered) + ifile.... Won't recognize hd

Jeff_Trocity

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been sorting through thousands of post related to the the external hard drive(self powered).

I'm using iPad 1st gen. 4.3.3
Ifile latest update...
Hard drive is western digital 1st self powered, Fat32

Before upgrading to the 4.3.3 from 3.2 I could use my 1tb wall powered hard drive with ifile with no problems. It came up as a flash drive and life was good... I understand the voltage output differences between 3.2 and 4.3.3 but I am confused because my hard drive is externally powered but ifile won't recognize it at all.... The hard drive lights up and spins for a few seconds then stops stays lit up.

I have read a few post here of people successfully doing this..... Plz advise...

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Go to Cydia and install the USB mount sbsettings toggle, it issues a command to mount and unmount the hard drive so ifile will see it. I'm on 4.3.3 and this is what I use currently with my external 1TB drive.

OP
J

Jeff_Trocity

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I found that you can link XBMC to the EXT folder and access all my movies without having to transfer files to watch them, thanks for the info its works perfectly alot eaiser than then Mobile terminal way

OP
J

Jeff_Trocity

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If the hard drive im mounting is the only one i use is there a negative side to leaving it mounted all the time

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well when you are done, before you unplug it, hold the toggle again to unmount it.

Btwo5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mine only mounts when it wants i press usb settings but it gives error most of the time

ideas ?

Most reactions

Latest posts