What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Extended iPad Charger - $1.14

ivanmarkchang

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I couldn't stand the measly length of the 30-pin cable that came with the iPad so I did what I did with my iPhone...

ipadextendedcharger.jpg

various lengths (starting at $0.83) can be found here - USB Cables

dirtydan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does that still put out 10watts like the short cable? I purchased 10' cable from Monoprice andit only puts out 5 watts, this will only charge when iPad is turned off.
Dan

iceman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does that still put out 10watts like the short cable? I purchased 10' cable from Monoprice andit only puts out 5 watts, this will only charge when iPad is turned off.
Dan

How do you know that it's putting out 5 watts instead of 10?

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I did the same thing, but unfortunately paid a little more ($4).
I suppose the longer cable could add enough resistance to drop the power throughput, but I haven't noticed any difference.

You can also get an extension cord, but I liked the longer USB better. The heavy block was always hanging off the desk or over the side of the bed yanking my cable.

dirtydan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dan

I use "Kill-a-Watt", with Apple cable it shows 10 watts, with 10' monoprice it shows 5 watts.
Dan

iceman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dan

I use "Kill-a-Watt", with Apple cable it shows 10 watts, with 10' monoprice it shows 5 watts.
Dan

That looks interesting, I will have to get one of those. Have you tried it with a USB extension like the OP uses? I would be interested to know what the power drop is with that.

CaseShop.se

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.caseshop.se
YEah, you can find a cheap one on Ebay for 1-2 dollars, but usually they all come from china and the quality is bad. I am just worried that I will damage my iPad if a use a cheap equipment like that. But heay... its cheap!

dirtydan

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Dan

That looks interesting, I will have to get one of those. Have you tried it with a USB extension like the OP uses? I would be interested to know what the power drop is with that.

No, I don't have a USB extension to test with, just the 10' Apple to USB

Most reactions

Latest posts