What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

export camera file to SD card

psk2299

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have question. This is my first device: IPAD-mini OS: still IOS6.X I want to travel use my mini (camera only.) ask some apple-store staff, how to export that camera file to SD card. everyone staff said only Network provide share file to webmail that... or installed that iTunes (need laptop)? but, is it simple buy some adapt can easy save file to SD card? (base: no network, no laptop) any advice please!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There are devices out there that will do this. They basically make their own network which the iPad joins, then you use their app to copy photos to/from the iPad. The only one I can remember off the top of my head is the AirStash, but there are at least two or three more products that work similarly.

OP
P

psk2299

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oops. it's trouble, anyway, if need copy file(s) from IPAD to SD card. any method? (else that, network wifi connect. cable connect) found apple hardware adapt. (only from camera picture send to IPAD) one-way. I not sure if doing that Jailbreaking, is it good idea? any files, send/received both (IPAD/SD card).

OP
P

psk2299

iPF Noob
Reaction score
CCR limited?

Lightning to SD Card Camera Reader - Apple Store (U.S.) I want to use that adapt. (card reader). but so sorry, oneway only. (SD-image/video file to IPAD only) do you know 3-rd hardware adapt. (card reader) can, any file SD card file to IPAD, and IPAD file to SD card. BOTH is it simply IOS protect, if that Jailbreak/Cydia completed. all ios service will be unlock? mean that CCR limited changed to unlimited?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You don't need to connect to Wi-Fi with the device twerppoet mentioned. It will build up it's own network. The iPad will be able to join this network. That way you can export or import the files.

It's not possible to export photos from the iPad Camera Roll to an USB flash drive just by inserting it to an adapter. Not with a stock iPad. Also, there's no app that could help you, afaik.

Last edited:

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lightning to SD Card Camera Reader - Apple Store (U.S.) I want to use that adapt. (card reader). but so sorry, oneway only. (SD-image/video file to IPAD only) do you know 3-rd hardware adapt. (card reader) can, any file SD card file to IPAD, and IPAD file to SD card. BOTH is it simply IOS protect, if that Jailbreak/Cydia completed. all ios service will be unlock? mean that CCR limited changed to unlimited?

Hi and welcome to the Forum!

Have a look at this thread....I hope it helps you!
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-connect/109434-apotop-wi-reader-wireless-reader-router.html

I have merged your new post to this thread which you had already opened for your issue. Please keep any further info on this topic to this thread only!

Leelai

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I have question. This is my first device: IPAD-mini OS: still IOS6.X I want to travel use my mini (camera only.) ask some apple-store staff, how to export that camera file to SD card. everyone staff said only Network provide share file to webmail that... or installed that iTunes (need laptop)? but, is it simple buy some adapt can easy save file to SD card? (base: no network, no laptop) any advice please!

Please provide a much clearer explanation of your needs, i.e. are you traveling and will you ONLY have your iPad to take photos (no digital camera w/ a storage card, such as a SD)? Are you only interested in transferring pics taken w/ the iPad which will be stored in the native Photo app of the i-Device? Are you planning to take 'so many' photos that transfer to a SD card is needed?

If so, then the AirStash Wi-Fi device discussed will work for you - please do a 'search' on the forum using that term - there will be plenty of hits, such as THIS ONE; I've contributed to a number since I have owned one since last year. The device sets up its own Wi-Fi network which you join on the iPad; there is an app that is installed on the device and communicates w/ the AirStash - files can be transferred either to or from the device.

Now, most digital cameras will format a SD card w/ a special folder called DCIM (which is needed using the CCK, Camera Connection Kit) - this is NOT needed when installing a SD card into the AirStash device - just tested taking an image on my iPad 2 and was able to put the image (and 3 other ones in the 'Camera Roll', where your iPad images will be stored) on a SD card - the files were put just on the SD card and not in any special folder.

I would suggest exploring this SD device (there is a great review on Amazon and a number of threads in this forum) - purchase one and make sure you test the device before you travel - should fill your goal. Dave :)

Most reactions

Latest posts