What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please help!! Camera kit adds files to my cameras sd card

tsddave

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought a camera kit for my ipad 3 and it works just fine but after using it to transfer photos from my SD card putting it back in my camera the camera takes about 1minute to read the SD. This happens each time I try to take a photo even so it makes the camera almost un-useable!
If I put the sd in a card reader I can see its added some extra files sometimes. If I then remove the pictures from the card and then put them back this resolves the issue.
The problem is what to do when im on holiday and want to use the ipad to share photos?

I am hoping there is an ipad based solution to this!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You're choosing to delete the files after copying them to the iPad, aren't you?

Don't do this. Instead go to the menu on your camera and reformat the SD card. Actually, you should do this every time you want to remove old pictures and start taking new ones. This isn't an iPad specific problem. Never rely on any other device or computer to delete or format your camera's SD cards.

Always use the camera's format options. You never know what extra files or quirks of formatting another operating system will inflict on the SD card.

Most reactions