What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exchanging my iPad

dnaber

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought my new iPad (wifi only) 10 days ago. I didn't do enough research to see that this model wasn't GPS capable. Now the store I purchased it from is saying that because I have turned the unit on and registered it that they won't take it back for an exchange to the 4G. Any thoughts on how I can get an exchange/upgrade? Thanks in advance.

Don

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try an Apple store. They are generally more open to any returns, and it is Apple's policy to exchange without question within 14 days.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
dnaber said:
I bought my new iPad (wifi only) 10 days ago. I didn't do enough research to see that this model wasn't GPS capable. Now the store I purchased it from is saying that because I have turned the unit on and registered it that they won't take it back for an exchange to the 4G. Any thoughts on how I can get an exchange/upgrade? Thanks in advance.

Don

I learned that info the hard way too...

ajcgn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Worst case scenario you can buy a Bluetooth gps that will work with your iPad. It will cost you about the same as upgrading to 4g, but you can still use it on the iPad 4,5,6...

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
ajcgn said:
Worst case scenario you can buy a Bluetooth gps that will work with your iPad. It will cost you about the same as upgrading to 4g, but you can still use it on the iPad 4,5,6...

Yes, I did this with my iPad 2. It worked well with a wifi only iPad. This time, I went whole hog. :)

OP
D

dnaber

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Thanks for the idea..... that will save me some time and hassle.

Don

Most reactions

Latest posts