What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Exchanging 32gb for 64 gb... iOS Question

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The apple store lets you return items within fourteen days, for any reason.

Thank you all for this thread!
I purchased a 32GB unit and find I want the 64GB as I will be running out of space way faster than I thought.

Just made an appointment to stop at the Apple store and upgrade to the 64GB model........one day short of the 14-day limit. :thumbs:

Cool beans! :D

OP
BlueSky77

BlueSky77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I made the exchange today. I'm now the proud owner of a 64 gb iPad 3! It came with iOS 5.1.1 installed and I have not upgraded. I'm going to wait for an incremental update to iOS 6 before upgrading, and even then I'll check the forums, etc... before taking the plunge. Why mess with success?

The extra space is fantastic. I backed up my 32 gb then restored to the 64. It was a very easy and painless process. I now have 40 gb of space left on this beauty. Thanks everyone for the advice. :)

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
BlueSky77 said:
Well I made the exchange today. I'm now the proud owner of a 64 gb iPad 3! It came with iOS 5.1.1 installed and I have not upgraded. I'm going to wait for an incremental update to iOS 6 before upgrading, and even then I'll check the forums, etc... before taking the plunge. Why mess with success?

The extra space is fantastic. I backed up my 32 gb then restored to the 64. It was a very easy and painless process. I now have 40 gb of space left on this beauty. Thanks everyone for the advice. :)

Well I think some celebration is in order. Pop into iTunes and give that Gig Pig a workout. Enjoy. :)

AA

Sent from my iPad using iPF

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score

I'll be right behind you......tomorrow is my appointment.
Do they wipe it clean for you or did you clear it out before you brought it in for exchange?

OP
BlueSky77

BlueSky77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll be right behind you......tomorrow is my appointment.
Do they wipe it clean for you or did you clear it out before you brought it in for exchange?

I backed my 32 gb up, then wiped it myself before bringing it in for the exchange. They'll probably wipe it for you if you want them to but I just prefer to do it myself. Good luck with your new iPad. Having 64 gb is a vast improvement! :)

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks...

Got it done!
Couldn't wait and went into the Apple store last night..........very painless.
They looked at my 32GB to make sure all was OK, then went and got me my 64GB replacement. Paid the difference and I was out of the store in 5 minutes.

I wiped it clean myself also, didn't want someone harvesting my photos or music! :eek:

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts