What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Excel Formula Help in Numbers

sgt_hoser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a formula that works great in Excel, and that I have not been able to re-write it to work in Numbers. Here it is.

=IF(LEN(B2)>0,SUM(A3:INDIRECT("A"&ROW()+IFERROR(MATCH("*$",A3:A52,0),50))),"")

I realize that everone one of these individual formulas are supported in Numbers, it seems to be the nested INDIRECT portion causing the grief. When I try to open this in Numbers I get a message saying the formula is not supported, and it has pasted the last values.

Is there a way to write this formua to to work in both Excel and Numbers?

If you are curious, this formula is writen to SUM a variable range of values between BarCodes (containing the $). The value string that needs to be summed can be as short as 1 value between each bar code, and up to 15-20 rows or values between.

Any Ideas?

Hoser

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Off the top of my head I see one problem. The SUM function can only take one variable (sort of); either a range or column/row. To make the INDIRECT function work inside it you'll have to generate the pointer to the entire address, not just half of it. I also suspect that the stuff going on inside the INDIRECT statement will have to be done differently.

As for the rest, I really don't understand what you are doing well enough to guess at a workable formula. If you can supply a sample sheet I might be able to come up with something.

Most reactions

Latest posts