What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Erase all contents and settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eli02

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If i reset my ipad2, using erase all contents and settings option what well happen to my purchased apps. Should i buy those apps again from the apps store? Please help!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The best thing you can do is make a backup before you do the erase. That's because the erase all settings process will wipe out all the data and settings on your iPad. If you have a backup first, you can simply restore from backup and the iPad will be as it was before.

Now, if you are erasing all - and don't want to use a backup - then that's different. Yes, you'll have to manual load all your apps you bought from the App Store (either from the iPad or by transferring them over from iTunes). But, don't worry: Once you've bought an app, it's yours and you won't have to spend money on them again.

Oh, and those purchased apps will still be in iTunes anyway (or show as Purchased if you check that tab in iTunes). So, Apple will always have a record of what you bought and you can always get them back at no further cost to you. Assuming, of course, you use the same Apple ID...

Hope this reassures.

Marilyn

OP
Eli02

Eli02

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
The best thing you can do is make a backup before you do the erase. That's because the erase all settings process will wipe out all the data and settings on your iPad. If you have a backup first, you can simply restore from backup and the iPad will be as it was before.

Now, if you are erasing all - and don't want to use a backup - then that's different. Yes, you'll have to manual load all your apps you bought from the App Store (either from the iPad or by transferring them over from iTunes). But, don't worry: Once you've bought an app, it's yours and you won't have to spend money on them again.

Oh, and those purchased apps will still be in iTunes anyway (or show as Purchased if you check that tab in iTunes). So, Apple will always have a record of what you bought and you can always get them back at no further cost to you. Assuming, of course, you use the same Apple ID...

Hope this reassures.

Marilyn

Thanks a lot!! Your info is very helpful!!

wc4r

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How can I reset my iPad2 to factory default settings if I goofed up my restrictions passcode? I did make a recent backup.
I tried the sleep/home button sequence with no success.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts