What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Epson AirPrint

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
How to set up your printer for AirPrint
An update to your printer firmware may be required to use AirPrint.
First, set up your printer using the installation instructions and CD that came with it.
After you finish setting up your printer, do the following:
1. Turn the printer off, then turn it back on.
2. Confirm that your printer is connected to your computer via a USB cable or network connection (WiFi or network cable)
3. Select your operating system.
4. Click the “Firmware Update” button.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions to update the firmware.

2intelligent2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just a quick question? Did bauernfeind ever get his printer to work? I'm in the market for a printer, and I like the Epson products.
Is it working for him/her and are they happy with it?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just a quick question? Did bauernfeind ever get his printer to work? I'm in the market for a printer, and I like the Epson products.
Is it working for him/her and are they happy with it?

I don't know. He only asked the question just over an hour ago, so maybe hasn't tried to sort it yet.

Seems the key is the firmware update; that, and buying the right printer in the first place.

blackster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought the sx435w printer yesterday from staples, I had to take it back as it is not AirPrint compatable, you can download a app called epson imprint, but it's very limited, the epson rep was in the store and confirmed its not AirPrint compatable and it's nit a case of updating the firm ware, so I had to buy the sx445w, which is AirPrint. But I am experiencing mega slow printing of simple text documents.

Most reactions

Latest posts