What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

engad:Unlimited data option disappears from iPads,AT&T tells grandfathered customers

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There has never been many true "unlimited" data plans anyway - just unenforced caps. I think the fine print on Verizon mentions a 5gb cap.

Samurai

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got it all done in about 20 minutes this evening. Had to sign up for the 2Gig plan, then they transferred me to the "Ipad Support Team" and they switched it to the unlimited right then and there. Guess I was lucky that I just missed the big crunch in the last couple of days.

grokit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So this is a defacto mandatory lifetime contract for $30 a month if you want unlimited data, great...

I haven't signed up yet because even though I qualify according to my purchase date, because I am outside of AT&T's 3g service area and would like to find out if they have a hard date to when we will be upgraded where I live; we just have voice/EDGE coverage at the moment :(

I did get an e-mail from Apple telling me I had until July 15 to figure it out but it also included this dastardly tidbit.

"Please note: If you cancel the Unlimited AT&T 3G Data Plan for iPad or the Plan is not auto-renewed in the future, you will not be able to order the Unlimited Plan again."

I can see why there's a lawsuit filed, as they originally advertised "unlimited data, no contract required" :mad:

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts