What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Enable iMessage notification at top right corner?

Zergslayer69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys, I don't know what you call the bar at the top of the screen that shows wifi signal, time, and battery, but I remember at some point I used to get a chat bubble with a ! In it when I got a new unread iMessage message. But now when the messages come in, I only see a numbered badge on the iMessage icon itself, but no notification at the very top. Any idea how to get it back?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've never seen what you describe.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
As you appear to be jailbroken, I've moved your thread to our Hacking Section where you will receive a better response.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I don't know what you call the bar at the top of the screen that shows wifi signal, time, and battery, but I remember at some point I used to get a chat bubble with a ! In it when I got a new unread iMessage message. But now when the messages come in, I only see a numbered badge on the iMessage icon itself, but no notification at the very top. Any idea how to get it back?

Could it be that you used to have biteSMS? That will show an icon in the status bar for new, unread messages. There's also Open Notifier, which allows for various notifications to appear in the status bar. I can't think of any others off the top of my head - so I hope this'll get you started in the right direction.

Marilyn

Most reactions