What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

eMail to multiple addresses

tecknoes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.teckno.net
I send quite a few emails to the same number of people is there a way of selecting these people from my address book in the form of a list as, opposed to choosing them one at a time when I send an email on my iPad?

Thanks in advance for any replies ....... Gerry N

Sent from my iPad using iPF

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Set up the list of email addresses in Notes, then copy and paste the note to your recipients field when you want to email that group.

dmann

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is an app for that! Called MailShot and it is free. Have a look at the app store.

regmikewall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Set up the list of email addresses in Notes, then copy and paste the note to your recipients field when you want to email that group.
. I have tried to set up the email addresses in notes - first with a "," and " " between address that only gave me one large addresses with all my 50 email addresses inside and second - got rid of the " " and got same result -- so my question is:

How do I put the email addresses in notes and what is the punctuation?

Thanks in advance for your help - Mike

OP
tecknoes

tecknoes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.teckno.net
regmikewall said:
. I have tried to set up the email addresses in notes - first with a "," and " " between address that only gave me one large addresses with all my 50 email addresses inside and second - got rid of the " " and got same result -- so my question is:

How do I put the email addresses in notes and what is the punctuation?

Thanks in advance for your help - Mike

Create a new message in your email client.
Insert "Undisclosed Recipients" in the To: field, followed by your email address in "<,>" braces.
The To: field should look like: "Undisclosed Recipients <[email protected]>".
If you send emails to undisclosed recipients frequently, you can add your own email address to your address book with "Undisclosed" as the first and "recipients" as the last name. Instead of filling in the To: field manually, you can then use the address book entry.

Put all the recipients email addresses in the Bcc: field, separated by commas.
The Bcc: field could look something like: <[email protected]>; <[email protected]>; <[email protected]>;

This should works as I use it all the tiem!

regmikewall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, one question - you separate by "coma"; however, you used ";". Which is it? - Mike

regmikewall

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, your example had a semicolon that is why I asked, will use a coma - ;-)

OP
tecknoes

tecknoes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.teckno.net
Sorry about the , ; mix up ....... taking it a bit further this is what I do, you may have a better method though.

I create a contact in the ipad contacts app called "Family" putting this in the "name" field, then insert in the "email" field a list of email addresses I want to send it to.

Sample list :-
[email protected]>, Gloria<[email protected]>, Maureen789<[email protected]>, Olivia123<olivia.com>, Trina<[email protected]>, and so on I don't know if there's a limit on the number on addresses.

If you start to type "Fam" in the Bcc filed of the new email you are going to send it should show the Family contact you have created.

Mohun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It seems then that once can't simply send to multiple addressees by following the, if you'll pardon the expression, Windows protocol in which you simply insert a semicolon after each email address. For example, using Windows MS Outlook, you insert the first addressee and the program inserts a semicolon (after each adress) in case you want to insert additional addressees.

In any event, if that protocol would work with my new iPad Mini, I can't seem to find the semicolon to insert with my on-screen keyboard.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
When I am manually entering e-mail address, I put a comma at the end of the address. The iPad/Mail app automatically loads that address and is ready for me to put in another. So, no need for a semi-colon. Hope this helps.

Marilyn

P.S. And the semi-colon is on the number part of the keyboard (press the .?123 key).

Most reactions