What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email sync problems

marjoriec

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have emails in iPad but the folders didn't sync and when we delete emails they delete from iPad but not from computer

SaberOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Example: MobileMe and a Mac.

iPad: Check Settings/Mail.../Account/Apply I.D./Password.
Mac: Check Mail/Preferences/Accounts (ensure MobileMe is in the left list of choices) proceed to: Description (enter MobileMe)/Email Address: (enter your email address. Go to Accounts/General/Check for new messages/ select: ‘Every Minute’ close.

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It depends on what type of account you have. If it is a POP account, then this is normal behavior. If it is IMAP, then something is wrong.

Check with your provider and find out what type of a account you've got set up. Some providers offer both POP and IMAP setups. Use the IMAP setup for the best results when accessing your mail from multiple devices/computers.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

deschamr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mail folders do not sync when offline

I'm finding the mail app on ipad pretty much unusable when in offline mode, for ex on an airplane trip: i have many folders in my gmail account, and when moving emails to specific folders on the iPad, including trash folder, I find that this cleaning up work does not sync with the web gmail account when back online with iPad.
Is there another iPad mail app that would solve this (heard that OneMail was a good one, but didnt find anything about its offline sync capabilities). If no solution known, does anyone know if the next OS5 based mail app solve this glitch? Would think someone at Apple realises this is a real pb for travelers, an important population using the iPad !
Renaud.

deschamr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
It depends on what type of account you have. If it is a POP account, then this is normal behavior. If it is IMAP, then something is wrong.

Check with your provider and find out what type of a account you've got set up. Some providers offer both POP and IMAP setups. Use the IMAP setup for the best results when accessing your mail from multiple devices/computers.

Thanks for this info. I checked with a gmail account, setup as Imap, and move to folder changes made offline are effectively recorded when back online. That's a good start !
The pb I am having is in fact with my corporate gmail, which curiously enough when looking at the gmail settings for this account on the webmail page, does not show any settings relative to imap. I guess I have to go back to my corporate support desk, however they will surely tell me that they do not support iPads (yet), so unless you have a lead I could follow, I guess my corp email will just stay messy when dealt with offline !
Thanks for your help.

Most reactions

Latest posts